INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Help with QHY268M cooler

• Thank you received: 7
Hi all,

I'm experiencing problems with the cooler function with a qhy268M.
The cooling power, in auto mode, does not exceed from ~50%. This prevents reaching an usable temperature. I can manually set the cooling power, and it works. But when setting a particular temperature, the auto mode kicks in and then does not regulate well. Sometimes, if I play with buttons (on, off, manual, etc.), I get it to work.

Thanks in advance.

Miguel
2 years 5 months ago #76517

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Miguel on topic Help with QHY268M cooler

I'm adding more info.

I've updated the complete astroberry suite to 2.0.3, indi 1.9, kstars 3.5.5 and latest qhy SDK 21.09.16. Same result.
In general, I experience a very strange behavior of the cooler. For example, the following screenshot shows the cooler stuck at 100% but no cooling at all. I have an amperemeter and showed very low power consumption. So, even if ekos was showing 100% cooling power, it was not cooling at all:

I tried also with the SDK version shipped with astroberry, but it's the same. I'm going to revert the update cause I don't experience any improvement and I've lost humidity readings.
I also noticed that normally when the rpi is just booted up, it normally works if I don't "play" too much with temperature values. Cause if I do, it normally ends with stucking at some point.

Regards
2 years 5 months ago #76523
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Paolo on topic Help with QHY268M cooler

Hi!
I also own a QHY268M, and everything is working fine here. I'm using INDI 1.9.2 and Kstars 3.5.5 on openSUSE Leap 15.3.

I've set it to -5C (inside +20) and power went to +100%, and now that is has reached temperature, it's stable at +45.
2 years 5 months ago #76556

Replied by Miguel on topic Help with QHY268M cooler

Hi Paolo. Thanks for the reply. I need to investigate a bit more
2 years 5 months ago #76557

Time to create page: 1.268 seconds