INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Remote control of Ekos or API?

• Thank you received: 4
Is there an API for Ekos?  Or a way to remotely control Ekos? 

I dont not have a weather station built yet to monitor cloud cover, but i do have my AllSky camera that i can monitor current cloud cover.

So I setup Ekos to shoot an object and run it.  I am not using the Scheduler.  I am just using the camera sequence.  I go to bed hoping that the guiding will be able to get through some thin clouds coming in before the sky clears.

Clouds roll in and my guiding fails and the photography stops.  How can i remotely resume the photography and guiding when the clouds have cleared?

My wife does not want the laptop in the bedroom.  :)  LOL

Thanks!
Chad

2 years 6 months ago #76696

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102
Yes, there is an API for KStars and Ekos. It uses DBus. Here's the Ekos DBus API reference: api.kde.org/appscomplete-api/kstars-apid...osDBusInterface.html

But to solve your problem of failed guiding aborting your image capture sequence, I believe the usual approach is to put the sequence into the scheduler, and tell the scheduler to keep looping the sequence. Then if the sequence fails because of guiding failure, it will be restarted.

Hope this helps!
-- Kevin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
2 years 6 months ago #76706

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Chad on topic Remote control of Ekos or API?

Thanks Kevin! I will give this a go!

Guess i need to look at the scheduler closer to see how it works. I have just started to get comfortable leaving the telescope running at night now that parking is accurate and i have an AllSky camera out there with it.
2 years 6 months ago #76709

Assuming you're on Linux, try to play around with qdbusviewer tool. You can browse the DBus functions & properties of Ekos with ease and experiment with sending commands and receiving responses.
2 years 5 months ago #76827

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds