INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Focus Between Sequence Lines?

• Thank you received: 16
Is there a way to force an auto focus between imaging sequence lines without using the scheduler or specifying an offset?  For example, image 60 frames of Ha, switch to Oii, refocus, image 60 frames of Oii. All inside the sequence. 
2 years 5 months ago #76733

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
If you want to bind focusing on filter change, select „auto focus“ in the filter settings. That’s the funnel icon right of the filter drop down in the Focus module.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, AirBourn
2 years 5 months ago #76734

• Thank you received: 16
Ah - I see that now - makes sense, thank you! I also notice that it records the absolute focus position so it can return there for the flats. Excellent!
2 years 5 months ago #76735

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

Why would you want to do it inside the sequence? I have more and more favoured setting a new scheduler job for changes, so that the scope also re-aligns. This to minimize the risk of failures affecting the whole night. For instance, if something happens that makes the scope drift (clouds...), I don't want that effect to last for too long. So I prefer spending some time on re-aligning to safeguard and in the end, get more out of the nights. So I would set up each filter as a separate Scheduler sequence (or even split them into 30 subs per job). That said, the filter offset is really helpful. 

Magnus
2 years 5 months ago #76737

Time to create page: 0.757 seconds