INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Can not running Guiding from Stellarmate App

• Thank you received: 2
If I try to running guiding from the Stellarmate on iOS, it doesn't work. Nothing happens. If I log into web interface and look at Ekos, I see an error message of something like "Guide Scope Focal length not defined". Yet it is. I set it up in Stellarmate App, and I can see the guide scope focal length in Ekos.

What I've been forced do is run PHD2  from the web interface, which runs fine with no additional set up. 

But I would like to get guiding working from the Stellarmate App.

Any hints?
2 years 4 months ago #77666

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello Rick,

That's odd. Check these things:

1. Dd you add a Guide preset in SM App? If yes, check that you select Guide scope in there?
2. Login via VNC --> Ekos --> Stop Profile, Edit it and check what kind of guide scope is selected (at the bottom).
2 years 4 months ago #77675

Jasem, Thanks for the reply! Took me while to get back out and experiment more due to bad weather.

But here's the story: Guide is aperture and focal length are set up in Stellarmate iOS app. When logging in thru VPN, I can set the guide camera is also setup correctly in the INDI settings.

When I got into Ekos and into the Guider screen, at the bottom are the guide scope settings with "XXX". I don't understand why these aren't getting pulled over since I've already entered them thru the app for the guide scope. Also, I'm unable to edit these fields so I can put in the correct values.

Any help, most appreciated. I'm trying to get my Stellarmate so it's at the "plug it in and go" stage so I can use it at Public Star Parties.

2 years 4 months ago #78084
Attachments:

Hi Rick,

In the App setup screen below the profiles, the correct guide scope is used in there?
2 years 4 months ago #78088

Yes, Guide scope is setup in Stellarmate app. Everywhere I see it there it looks correct. Here are three more screen shots.

It's a Stellarvue 50mm Guide scope (50mm, 210mm focal lengteh, f/4.2).

Stellarmate/Ekos can connect to it. Over the camera part of the app, I can choose it and take a picture with it.

The only problem I can find is those "XXX's" in the VPN screen of the Guiding App. And I cannot tell how to force those to update or edit them myself.

Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Rick Paul. Reason: corrected typos
2 years 4 months ago #78093
Attachments:

Would appreciate a reply to my last note on this. I have not been able to get tracking working with my Stellarmate. I'm ready to dump it if I don't get a solution to this problem.
2 years 3 months ago #78171

Besides the aperture (should be 50 instead of 4), everything else looks OK.

In INDI Control Panel --> ZWO 120 --> Options --> Can you send me a screenshot here for this? It appears the camera is not getting information about the telescope data.
2 years 3 months ago #78179

Again, thanks for the help. The requested screen shot is attached.

I've updated the Aperture to 50 (I'm a retired professional photography, so "Aperture" to me means f/4.2).

Over in Ekos, under the Guiding tab, scope info is still "XXX".
2 years 3 months ago #78194
Attachments:

Jasem, I may have "fixed it". I deleted the profile I created in Stellarmate app on iPad. Then I rebooted. Then I created a new profile on the iPad. 

When I brought up Ekos, INDI came up with a start up screen and wanted me to create a new profile. I did, and now the guide scope setup is in the guiding up.

I'll test later this week and let you know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
2 years 3 months ago #78196

Jasem - Everything is working! Creating a new set up file directly in Ekos did the trick!

thanks for your help!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
2 years 3 months ago #78237
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.886 seconds