INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem in 3.5.6-stable: left-right, left-right rotating during polar alignment

• Thank you received: 3
Tonight I updated KStars from 3.5.5-stable to 3.5.6-stable and everything went to poo.

For starters:  During polar-align I would get a good first image and then circular star trails on subsequent images.
I went out to the scope with the laptop and found that it would take the first image properly, do the first rotation to the West (as it was told), take an image *during* rotation(!), stop rotation and take another image, then do the second rotation to the East (!), On the second rotation it would also take another image, complete that rotation (now being back in the home position), and repeat the process.
Eventually it would give up trying to solve the circular star trail images it was taking during rotation.

I enabled logs and turned on mount logging (EQ6R-Pro), that is the ZIP I am attaching.

File Attachment:

File Name: kstars_log...1124.zip
File Size:105 KB

In addition I observed troubles with parking:  sometimes it would work, sometimes it would send the scope pointing to the ground.

Btw: If I manually put the scope in the home/parked position but Ekos thinks it is not, how do I tell Ekos that it is indeed parked?

TIA

2 years 4 months ago #78004
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
If anyone else is seeing this issue please see the thread started by Alexander Weis here .
2 years 4 months ago #78104

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds