INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos Guider Tracking Error

• Thank you received: 5
I was helping a friend set up his Astroberry rig, and we got everything in place, and when we went to start guiding, it failed and we got the error listed below. His mount is a SkyWatcher Star Adventurer.

At first we thought it may have been trying to track in DEC, so we turned off the settings shown below (the screen grab is from my Astroberry for reference), which should be turned off for his single tracker mount anyway, right? We still got that error message.

However we started PHD2 up and it did not have any problems guiding, it worked perfectly. We tried the Ekos guider one more time and got the same error massage again.

So what would cause the Ekos guider to display that error message?
Thanks.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Phil.
2 years 3 months ago #78410
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It's an issue with RA, not DEC so turning off DEC won't help. You have "Via" as Telescope simulator? that's not going to work. If you're using ST4 cable from camera to mount, then "Via" needs to be set as the camera that has the ST4 cable.
2 years 3 months ago #78421

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Phil on topic Ekos Guider Tracking Error

Well that's a screen grab from my Astroberry, I just opened up the simulator so I can do the screen grab. However I will look to see what he has it set to.

Thanks.
2 years 3 months ago #78434

Time to create page: 0.565 seconds