INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Unable to communicate with the mount

• Thank you received: 41
Hello!

Yesterday I've made a clean install of Ubuntu on a Mini PC. When I try to connect the mount, I always got this error

[ERROR] Failed to connect to port (/dev/serial/by-id/usb-FTDI_FT230X_Basic_UART_D30ACGHS-if00-port0). Error: Port failure Error: Operation not permitted. Check if device is connected to this port.

Already tried all Baud rates, different USB port. Any idea?

Hello!

Yesterday I've made a clean install of Ubuntu on a Mini PC. When I try to connect the mount, I always got this error

[ERROR] Failed to connect to port (/dev/serial/by-id/usb-FTDI_FT230X_Basic_UART_D30ACGHS-if00-port0). Error: Port failure Error: Operation not permitted. Check if device is connected to this port.

Already tried all Baud rates, different USB port. Any idea?

2 years 3 months ago #78464
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Run this:
sudo adduser $SUDO_USER dialout

Then restart your PC.
2 years 3 months ago #78468

Hello Jasem, 

I've already done that with no luck :-(
2 years 3 months ago #78470

is your mount firmware from 2021?
2 years 3 months ago #78471

I will have to recheck and come back Jasem  - I'm in the office now - but certainly I've run an update this summer, so I bet that it will be 2021.

The thing is that the whole system worked great the day before (nothing changed, cables etc) with Ubuntu Mate but I've decided to make a clean install with Ubuntu.
2 years 3 months ago #78472

• Thank you received: 559
To me this sounds like a udev issue to me.  You should have udev rules in your installation that map your FTDI devices to permanent symbolic links. 

Let me take a guess. Are you running Ubuntu 21?  A little while back I accidentally upgraded from 20.04 to 21.10 and could not get a stable system, which, if I recall correctly, was due to not being able to get the udev configuration working. In the end, sadly, I needed to go back to 20.04 to get things working properly again.  I remember vaguely finding some Ubuntu bug reports and plans to fix them, so you might first make sure you have the latest ubuntu bug patches.

Hy
2 years 3 months ago #78505

Correct! I've installed the latest version. I will give a try the 20.04 and see.
2 years 3 months ago #78506

So I've clean installed Ubuntu Mate 20.04 and the issue is gone. I've noticed that this linux distribution recognise differently the port. Now it is working plus & play with no issues again.

2 years 3 months ago #78519
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.301 seconds