INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How do I know if a driver is installed?

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I am trying to get a Rpi3 working in tandem with a Kubuntu based Kstars box. I have built both boxes based on guides available on the internet. I am more used to Windows / sharpcap / APT / firecapture / eqmod etc. Somewhere on the internet  iread / heard  ASIAir box is based on the Kstars / Indi EKOS platform. Since ASIair is a supposedly a good platform for ZWO kit. I thought I should give the Kstars / INDI / EKOS platforma go.

I have a NEQ6 / Pegasus focuser and a host of cameras. Canon 550d and 6d, Lodestar, ZWO120m and Celestron (imaging source) ccds and an Altair Astro camera. How do I know if all the drivers for these things are installed on the Rpi3 (astroberry)? is there a command or a place in the EKOS gui where I can find the list of drivers?

It doesn't look like EKOS provide live view / live stacking / histogram  and other granular corrections such as found on Sharpcap? If it does, are there any instructions on how to use the live view function?

I can see PHD2 on the Astroberry. Can't see the same on Kubuntu even though I tried installing it using instructions found  on youtube / forums etc. 

I came across this webpage: edu.kde.org/kstars/indi/ccds/ and then I tried to run the command : sudo apt-get install indi_gphoto_ccd and go the following error: E: Unable to locate package indi_gphoto_ccd  I am running Kubuntu 20.04

Given that everything is installed using the command line with multiple inputting of the command "sudo apt-get update" and sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mutlaqja/ppa isn't it possible to do write a script that installs and tests the installation for a list of chosen equipment? 

I wish I knew a little bit more about the way these things are done in Kubuntu and I would have written it. I say this because, it looks like all of the drivers come from one source. In contrast in windows, you have to go to multiple vendor sites to do this.

I hope the above makes sense and someone could provide some answers please? I am trying to use the christmas break to get this going and get at least one session recorded using Kstars / Indi / EKOS. Please help.

Thanks.

2 years 3 months ago #78768

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nalin Uduwawala
2 years 3 months ago #78775

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds