INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

MBox: how to get the temperature in the analyze tab?

• Thank you received: 20
Hi all,
I just got an astromi.ch MBox to get temperature, barometric, humidity and dew point data. It works fine so far and I can read the values in the dome tab.

But in the analyze tab I can not see even the temperature. There are no values to see. I'm working with simulators and the mbox in the profile editor in aux2 or weather, nothing worked...

How can I get at least the temperatuer of the Mbox shown in the graph of the analyzer tab?

Best regards

Jürgen
2 years 3 months ago #78810

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 565
Jürgen,

The Analyze module gets its temperature from a signal that is currently only put out by the focuser. I suppose the observatory module/tab could also send that signal. (Not sure what would happen if both did--e.g. would could give the observatory priority if it sends the message)

I assume when you say: "I can read the values in the dome tab" you mean the observatory tab in Ekos (as opposed to the Indi driver tab). If so, then it probably wouldn't be a big change to have analyze add that plot--though you'd have to help me debug it, and verify it works, as I don't have any equipment profile that would activate the observatory tab. If you can compile code, I could try and make that change and work with you to test it and get it submitted.

Hy
2 years 3 months ago #78954

• Thank you received: 20
Hello Hy,
yes I mean the Observatory Tab in Ekos ;-) Please see the attached pictures.

I'm not very experienced with compiling but perhaps with your assistance it may work. So lets give it a try. I'm using both astroberry and Stellar Mate, both on Raspi 4B with 4GB.

Please tell me, if I have to install things to start compiling, also the git commands would be very helpful for me.

Am I right that (if all works) I would see the temperature of MBox in the analyze tab? Would it be possible to get also the values of humidity, air pressure and dew point to the analyze tab (or at least save them in the log file)? But this would be a nice to have if it is not difficult. If its only temperature it would be very fine too...

Best regards

Jürgen
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by JuergenN.
2 years 3 months ago #78968
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds