INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Two Questions On Ekos & PHD2 Drift Plots

• Thank you received: 5
I'm curious about two things when guiding in Astroberry.

The first is that the drift plot in PHD2 is outlined to it max radius reference setting, whereas in Ekos and PHD2 Windows, the the drift plots have a 2 arc second buffer outside of the max radius setting. Is there a way to set the drift plot in PHD2 Astroberry to be the same? Below are examples of what I mean.

My second question is: if I guide in Ekos through PHD2, will the drift plot in Ekos update and mirror the drift plot in PHD2, and if so, does it retain it's 2 arc second buffer?

Thanks

2 years 2 months ago #78901
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 117
Hi Phil, Not sure I fully understand where you're going with the question, but beyond the lower right control for size, you can always use the mouse roller and click/drag to upsize the Ekos drift plot graph to only show whatever size circle you want. That includes preventing (for example) the outer red circle from being seen to emphasize only the inner yellow (or green) areas. I'm not sure you can get this to "stick" across sessions (i.e. you may need to do it each time you start up), but at least you'll be able to size the graph to closely approximate what you see with PHD2 if that's what's desired. On your second question, I believe the answer is no. CS Doug
2 years 2 months ago #78910

• Thank you received: 53
Click the +/- buttons to zoom in/out on the bullseye. 
2 years 2 months ago #78926

Perhaps I simply didn't explain what I'm referring to correctly. Using the screen grabs that I've posted, if you look at both the Ekos drift plot and the Windows PHD2 drift plot, even though the radius reference limit is set to two arc seconds, the plots both measure out to FOUR arc seconds. The PHD2 drift plot on the Astroberry however ONLY measures out to TWO arc seconds. What I want to know is whether there is a way that you can set the drift plot in PHD2 on the Astroberry to also measure out to four arc seconds, just like it is in the Windows version, while maintaining whatever radius limit that you've set, which in these examples is two arc seconds. Is that clearer?

Also, when you've assigned PHD2 as your guider in Ekos instead of the internal guider, when you start guiding in the Ekos guide module, the main time-based plot is echoed through into Ekos from PHD2, is the drift plot data also echoed to the drift plot in the Ekos guide module?

Thanks.
2 years 2 months ago #78930

• Thank you received: 53
If you want the Astroberry PHD2 plot to measure out to 4 arcseconds you need to click the "-" (Zoom out) button located under the number of frames to display. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phil
2 years 2 months ago #78931

Thanks, not sure how I missed that LOL. I think I got distracted with the radius button, which was throwing me off because it's missing it's + side.
2 years 2 months ago #78933

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds