INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Plate solving and PA not working

• Thank you received: 0
I'm new to Stellarmate OS, but I built a Raspberry Pi and had some early success with PA and Plate solving. To cut a long story short the original SD card in my RPi got trashed (please don't ask). So I got a new card and flashed it with the StellarMate OS. Then I began configuring from scratch to get me back to where I was before the SD trashing incident.

For plate soling and PA using the original SD card I did not touch any of the config and was pretty impressed at how it all 'just worked'. However the rebuild of the RPi is not playing ball. Some nights the internal solver works for PA, but not for plate solving and syncing. Most mights now I have to use the on-line solver which is very slow and often aborts.

I have checked my FOV, Focal length etc all seemed to be as they should. Does anyone have ideas that I could look at? I need the solver to work off-line when I am out in the sticks, so I have dowloaded all of the index files. (yes it over the top but desperate times...)

Lastly I am getting this warning   "This could cause the telescope to cross the meridian" when I try PA at the moment. Again any ideas on what to look for? I goes without saying I am nowhere new the meridian. I'm using an AP Mach1 (experimental driver, or the non experimental one)

Cheers
2 years 2 months ago #79096

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 14
Yes I find that if meridian flip is enabled it can activate while doing PA screwing up the works. I make sure meridian flip option is turned off
in the mount tab (uncheck Flip if HA> ....) during PA.
Not exactly sure why it does this. Anyone know ?
2 years 2 months ago #79103

• Thank you received: 8
It's because of a known bug that is hopefully being solved by the next kstars release (3.5.7).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
2 years 2 months ago #79110

Time to create page: 0.760 seconds