INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Simple script to open dustcover after a flat

• Thank you received: 0
Edit: disregard, this script is useless as the functionality works perfectly well in Ekos. At least I learned to control Ekos  externally in python so this repo can help as an example for your own scripts

===============================================================
Hello,
I've been playing around with Ekos for the past few nights after coming from SGP.
I ended up pretty frustrated with the sequencer until I started understanding the logic and especially how to use the scripts.
I created this script after realizing that I could not do fully automated sequences with flats as Ekos does not open the dust cover after a flat job. So tonight I started digging around and came up with this script that works with my home-made FlipFlat.
I chose to use dbus over indi client as I wanted to be as hardware agnostic as possible and not start fiddling with device types. The later could have provided more complete functionality ( like detecting whether the light is on or not ).
Anyway if you want to be able to do your flats right after your lights with the same filter and focus settings just add this as a post-job script to your flat jobs or as a pre-job to your light jobs
Script repo

Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Michel Moriniaux. Reason: non-issue
2 years 3 months ago #79145

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello Michael and welcome to INDI forums!

Ekos definitely opens the cover whenever there is a LIGHT image to be captured. There are no need for scripts. If you have flat images, the cover will be closed, and if the next images are LIGHT, then it will be commanded to open.
2 years 3 months ago #79153

Thanks for the welcome the response and all the work you do!
In my experience it opens the cover at the start of a sequence and does turn off the light but not the cover at the end of a flat job. I guess I need to activate debugs for my home-made FlipFlat and see what signals it gets at the end of a flat job and see if I'm ignoring an >O000 command or misinterpreting the FlipFlat protocol.
I was also basing on this response but I now see it was 4 years old: www.indilib.org/forum/general/2604-flip-...s.html?start=0#19487
2 years 3 months ago #79167

All right my bad, retested tonight and it works flawlessly... going to edit top post
2 years 3 months ago #79187

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds