INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mac KStars 3.5.7 beta new build -- please test

• Thank you received: 33
Testing KStars 3.5.7 on MacBook Pro Mojave.
All INDI drivers crash (scope, dome, focuser, ASI cameras )
If I use a profile containing only the ASI cameras : crash again

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

2 years 2 months ago #79424
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I forgot to say that the "INDI Driver Reducer" is referring to my custom scope driver . In fact the driver is Celestron NexStar
2 years 2 months ago #79425

Thank you for the report, I tested with Altair + ASI and cannot reproduce a crash on connection. However, KStars shuts down on disconnection.

2 years 2 months ago #79427
Attachments:

Hi Rob & Jasem,
KStars 357 seems to have produced a mess on my computer : I cannot run KStars 356 or 355 anymore. The app keeps bouncing on the dock.
A re-install of KStars 356 doesn't help
Any suggestions ?
2 years 2 months ago #79428

• Thank you received: 809
Jean, Claude,

So there are a couple of things you can do.  First, if you want to see why it is bouncing like that, please open a terminal window, copy and paste this code and see what it prints in the terminal window:

/Applications/KStars.app/Contents/MacOS/kstars

(if you put Kstars.app someplace else or renamed it, you will have to change this path.)

Second, if there is a problem opening kstars, I would bet there is an issue with either your data directory or preferences file.  Please try renaming the data directory and preferences files and then try to start whichever kstars you want.

~/Library/Application Support/kstars~/Library/Preferences/kstarsrc

I recommend renaming the file and folder to kstars_backup and kstarsrc_backup just in case you have some settings or files in there you don't want to lose.

See if these suggestions help please,

Thanks for helping,

Rob
2 years 2 months ago #79433

Also Jean Clause, for your post before saying there was a crash when the indi drivers started up, was this just a crash of indi drivers like the little dialog shown in your image or was this a crash of kstars when starting the indi drivers?  Because those would be two very different issues.

Did it just crash when using ASI drivers, or did it also crash when you tried simulators?

Thanks for your help,

Rob
2 years 2 months ago #79434

Rob, it was "like the little dialog shown". KStars didn't crash but the little dialog shows again and again
The simulators also showed the same dialog
Thanks for your help with the Terminal but ... I restored already my disk from a backup
2 years 2 months ago #79437

• Thank you received: 155
Unable to test on aMac Mini running MacOSX Catalina.  KStars would start yo, but once I try to launch EKOS, the INDI drivers all crash.
At first I thought it was only the iOptron CEM120, but when I switched that to the simulator, INDI then crash that one too!  So I removed the mount driver and then INDI crashed on the next item - my camera.  And so forth.  
2 years 2 months ago #79441

Peter,

That is a different problem that has existed for awhile that I and another person have been investigating.  If kstars crashes while the indiserver is starting, when it starts back up, you can just click to connect again, and hit "no" to starting a new indiserver.  The one you started when it crashed is still running and its good.  The crash is intermittent, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, which makes it hard to diagnose, but everything works once it starts up.  I looked into that problem a couple of months ago and I couldn't figure it out.  It is actually not related to the changes I have been making recently to get KStars to build in the craft servers.  Please try what I said with using the already running Indiserver and see if there are any other issues or if it is just that.

Thanks,

Rob
2 years 2 months ago #79444

Jean Claude,

Thank you for the updated information.  You said the issue was with ASI correct?  I will check that out on another machine.

Thanks,

Rob
2 years 2 months ago #79445

• Thank you received: 1
Tried to run new 3.5.7 on M1 Mac with just telescope and CCD simulator.  KStars and Ekos start but can't start devices (indiserver issue).
Previous v3.5.6 works fine.

Log file attached. 

File Attachment:

File Name: mac-error-...2022.rtf
File Size:3 KB

Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by David Biggs.
2 years 2 months ago #79446
Attachments:

David, is it Kstars crashing when indiserver starts or the indi drivers crashing individually?
2 years 2 months ago #79448

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds