INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mac KStars 3.5.7 beta new build -- please test

• Thank you received: 809
So as in all the drivers, there is the "Options" tab where you can save, and load configurations in the INDI driver.  Is that what you are using to do the saving and loading?  I just tried it myself, though I don't have a weather device.  I was able to set the port, save the configuration, close the driver, then load it again. Now most drivers I have been familiar with in the past have automatically loaded the configuration. Is this one any different?
2 years 2 months ago #79658

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hmm, Jean-Claude, you might be on to something.  I just tried your experiment, renaming my kstarsrc file and then tried starting an indiserver in KStars.  It crashed with the old one very easily, it didn't crash with the new one when I tried it a couple of times.  I'm not sure this was a well conducted experiment since I really need to do it many times in a more controlled way, but it's enough that I think you might have something here.  We should see if there is some setting that got saved in there that somehow affected it.  It's easy to check, it is literally a text file full of settings.
2 years 2 months ago #79661

I just did a diff between the old and the new kstarsrc and looked through the differences in settings.  Many of them would almost certainly not cause any crashes, such as the window size being different.  But one thing that stood out is that I had logging turned on in my kstarsrc that was causing a crash.  Specifically I had turned on Verbose logging with CCD checked.  I did some tests and that seems to cause a crash about 50% of the time, but without it being checked, it doesn't cause a crash, at least that I see with a couple of quick tests.  Can you check to see if you have that setting enabled when using the settings file that caused the crash?  Or maybe just try opening KStars, turning on CCD logging and see if that reliably crashes it for you?  If so, we may have found a major clue as to what causes my mysterious crash that was seemingly affecting just me.
2 years 2 months ago #79662

• Thank you received: 33
Hi Rob,You might be right about the cause of the troubles and the logging settings.When there is no logging, there is no crash.I attach 3 kstarsrc files in a zip folder :- kstarsrc working : this file has been obtained after a de novo installation of KStars. No crash in simulator configuration or in real configuration.  With this file all logs are OFF. Numerous trials on 2 Macs.- kstarsrc crash : this file is my old file causing random crashes. With this file all logs are ON. Numerous trials on 2 Macs.- kstarsrc working then damaged : this file is the damaged kstarsrc working file obtained AFTER having run KStars with the kstarsrc crash file !May be the GPS log is the culpritLast october I opened a topic on serial-USB drivers (indilib.org/forum/mounts/10576-do-not-us...e-setup.html?start=0)and PDB (indilib.org/forum/mounts/10576-do-not-us....html?start=12#76767) pointed on some solution around the GPS driver.This helped solving my disconnection problems by simply choosing the “Celestron GPS" driver instead of the "Celestron NextStar" driver.I hope we are on the trackHave a nice day Rob.
2 years 2 months ago #79669
Attachments:

When driver CCD (Logs Drivers CCD) is checked, there is a crash. Definitively.
See attached.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

2 years 2 months ago #79672
Attachments:

I wanted to say just the opposite : This helped solving my disconnection problems by simply choosing the "Celestron NexStar" driver instead of the "Celestron GPS" driver
2 years 2 months ago #79688

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Rob,

Following the suggestions in this thread, I removed my kstarsrc and it works now! There were a couple of settings in my old kstarsrc concerning CCD and my ZWO ASI. I think those were the problem. I can connect locally and remotely to all my gear again.

Cheers,
Marc

2 years 2 months ago #79689

• Thank you received: 155
I put 3.5.7 beta 3 to a full test last night - running 7 hours of exposures.
What I found is that anytime the autoguider paused (such as during auto focusing or after a meridian flip) when it started up again, the CCD module would abort the exposures with a message that there were "No pending jobs found", even though it was only half way through a job!   This caused me to have to cancel the job, and start a new one.  

Oddly, when this first happened I had R,G,B, and HA  jobs lined up.  When it aborted the process during the first (red) job, it also immediately aborted the Green and Blue jobs, and then started in on the HA.  I stopped the sequence and created a new one with just the OII as you see here.  Right after a refocus procedure it also aborted the job.  Even though the guider was running well.  I have never seen this behavior before.

2 years 2 months ago #79800
Attachments:

Hi Peter,

This sounds very much like it should be a cross platform issue, rather than a Mac build issue.  I would probably post in a separate post on the forum to see if anyone on Linux or Windows experiences the same behavior.  It also will let more people see the post.  Or maybe a bug report on bugs.kde.org.  I personally don't know of any changes that took place in those modules since I have been very much focused on the build scripts for MacOS and getting builds to happen on the KDE Binary Factory.  

Thanks,

Rob
2 years 2 months ago #79802

I couldn't replicate this issue. Got detailed logs or a way to reliably reproduce this behavior?
2 years 2 months ago #79806

• Thank you received: 155
Jasem, I added this issue in the Stellarmate forum as it is happening with the latest KStars build on my Stellarmate too. I added the full log there as well.
I can't figure out why this is happening, both here on the direct connected Mac and now on my Pi (StellarMate OS). Very strange. Exact same problem.
2 years 1 month ago #80425

• Thank you received: 52
Hi Peter,

I have nothing to add as far as why but do have a question,
Looking at the screenshot you provided above, the exposure count shows 26 out of 50
I assume it aborted on #26
With an exposure time of 300 seconds and a refocus time of every 60 minutes, it looks like it was able to successfully refocus once and the second time caused the abort
300*25 = 7500 seconds
60*60*2 = 7200 seconds

Is this the pattern, the second autofocus knocks it out?

Gene
2 years 1 month ago #80437

Time to create page: 0.753 seconds