INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SVBONY SV905C Camera

• Thank you received: 5

SVBONY SV905C Camera was created by Phil

Hi folks, SVBONY recently released a combo guide/planetary camera based on the Sony IMX225 sensor, the SV905C . I tried to see if Ekos would recognize it using the existing SVBONY SV305 Pro driver, but it didn't work (the SV305 Windows drivers worked for it oddly). I also tried using the Orion Starshoot driver, as it is an IMX225 chip camera, but no luck there either.

So will there be any support for this camera in Ekos anytime soon?

Thanks.
2 years 2 months ago #80427

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Chris on topic SVBONY SV905C Camera

Darn. I just received my 905C combo and was having trouble in Stellarmate OS. Now I know why. My other gear is generally picked up used and this is one of the few brand new items I have. That's what I get for getting something new. Lesson learned :).

What does it take to get a new driver written? Anything we can do to help the process along?
2 years 2 months ago #80675

Replied by Phil on topic SVBONY SV905C Camera

I was thinking the same thing. Do you INDI folks need the hardware? I can ship you mine to any of the developers in the US for analysis. Would love to get this going in Ekos.
2 years 1 month ago #80744

Alright Phil, time for you and me to figure out how to write a driver :) I mean, we can just base it off the existing SV drivers right? I'm only partially kidding.
2 years 1 month ago #80897

The 305 driver has been updated for the 905! I'm working on getting it running. See: www.indilib.org/forum/wish-list/6373-ind...html?start=396#80851
2 years 1 month ago #80915

Isn't that for Stellarmate only tho? I'm running Astroberry.
2 years 1 month ago #81009

Any INDI folk here? It's been over 5 months since I initially posted this, I just downloaded the latest Astroberry ISO and installed it on a fresh card, ran all the updates, but I still don't see a driver for the SV905C. I only see drivers for the SV105/205/305 cameras.

Do you folks ever plan to the add the SV905C to Astroberry?
1 year 9 months ago #84404

Well to whom this may concern, the driver for the SV305 will work with the SV905C. I was informed of this at an SVBONY forum.

Unfortunately this has never been made clear, which is an unfortunate lack of communication, so I hope this information helps someone.
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Phil.
1 year 8 months ago #84597

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic SVBONY SV905C Camera

I guess we just need to add an alias then for the SV905C ?
1 year 8 months ago #84600

That's probably not a bad idea, but just making a note that the SV305 driver will work with the SV905C would be good.

Apparently SVBONY wrote the SV305 API to handle multiple sensors and cameras, if I'm not mistaken it will also be the driver for their new cooled SV405CC, unless you've been given different driver data for it. The SV405CC is another camera missing from the SVBONY camera list.

Thanks.
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Phil.
1 year 8 months ago #84696

Replied by Huib Wouters on topic SVBONY SV905C Camera

I just downloaded the indi-3rd-party drivers from GitHub, compiled and installed (latest Ubuntu on old laptop), and afterwards I was able to select the SV905C camera.

Still crashed though as soon as I tried to connect, with the error that the SV305 driver crashed.

Apparently some people get the SC905C to work, but for some reason I cannot. Crashes at the very first instance, log file doesn’t say much. Still another 25 days to return the thing to Amazon, unless I solve this.
1 year 1 month ago #91006

So you're on a Linux laptop and not Astroberry? I was able to finally get it to run on Astroberry once I ran a general update, using the SV305 driver.
1 year 1 month ago #91008

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds