INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Update PA Error not updating on Polar Alignment module

• Thank you received: 1
When I use the Polar Alignment in the Alignment module, after Ekos takes the 3 pictures and shows the error triangle on the picture and values in "Measured err" fields, even if I check the "Update PA Error" and click on "Refresh" the triangle stays the same and the error is not updated, even if I make adjustment to Alt and Az. Is there any way to get this working?
2 years 1 month ago #80679

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 559
In order for the system to measure an updated error, it must track the reference star that you're "moving" around with the Az/Alt adjustments. So, if you notice that circle around your reference star, you should see those updates. If you don't see the circle, then the system wasn't able to find it, and it won't give you updated error estimates. Sometimes wait for the next image to come in to see if it got it.

It isn't super reliable, and works best with slower refresh rates and some binning, due to computational constraints, especially if you're
running on a RPi4. Also, it's best to pick reference stars that are not near the edges of the image.

The system re-purposes some guiding algorithms when doing this, but the motions its trying to track are much larger than typical guide moves. Still, with 2x2 binning and say 2s or 3s intervals, I've managed to keep the display going most of the time.

Of course, if it doesn't work you can still polar-align without those updates. Just try to move the reference star you chose to the target position.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Valerio
2 years 1 month ago #80680

Thank you very much for the tips, I'll try! Actually I'm on bin 1, will try with bin 2. and longer exposures
2 years 1 month ago #80681

• Thank you received: 3
I have the same problem and some times it is working but most time they are not update.
2 years 1 month ago #80704

• Thank you received: 19
I had the same issue and the answer with the star reference est right. Hust one thing: Could the circle be more visible with a high color please ?
2 years 1 month ago #80883

• Thank you received: 19
I had the same issue and the answer with the star reference est right. Just one thing: Could the circle be more visible with a high color please ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Zhen Yu
2 years 1 month ago #80884

Since I switched to bin 2 and increased refresh time it's working smoothly!!
2 years 1 month ago #80947

• Thank you received: 3
Me too
I also use guide camera and guide telescope instead of primary camera.

But Ekos PA error still very hard to update, maybe in Australia ?
2 years 3 weeks ago #81111

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds