INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Announcing Nightly Builds for KStars on MacOS

• Thank you received: 809
For the last several years, I have used a modified craft repository to build KStars for MacOS using my build script.  Over the Winter Holidays in 2021, I spent a bunch of time trying to streamline the customized recipes, eliminate ones that were no longer required, and make changes to KStars to eliminate others.   Then once I had a small set of custom recipes, I worked with CRAFT to get them into the Craft Blueprints repository.  After a bunch of work in January, it was successfully building nightly builds of KStars.  I have waited a couple of weeks and it seems pretty stable right now.   So hopefully you can get the latest build on MacOS without having to do as much work.  Note that this is still experimental and needs testing to make sure that the nightly build is getting built properly with all the features of my build script's version.  But that is all the more reason to let you all know about it.  Also note that I know for a fact that the KStars nightly builds have the latest KStars in them, but I'm not convinced yet that they have the latest INDI.  The goal is to get them to have the latest INDI and KStars, but I'm not sure that part is working yet.

Please check it out!

binary-factory.kde.org/view/MacOS/job/KStars_Release_macos/

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: nMAC, Rafa Barberá, Euripides, James Zhen Yu
2 years 3 weeks ago #81168

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sorry I didn't send this message earlier, but I was hard at work on StellarSolver 2.0 for the last few weeks, so that took priority at that time.

Thanks,

Rob
2 years 3 weeks ago #81169

• Thank you received: 275
Hi Rob,

I've been waiting for a change that was merged by Jasem on the 16th (Linear1Pass 1st attempt part 2) to appear in the Mac nightly builds. I just downloaded todays build but the change I was looking for wasn't in it.

Maybe there's something else that needs to happen before it will appear in the nightly builds?

Regards,
John.
1 year 9 months ago #83662

Jus to check, did you get it from the nightly builds from KStars and INDI master:

binary-factory.kde.org/view/MacOS/job/KStars_Nightly_macos/

or the release builds from KStars and INDI stable:

binary-factory.kde.org/view/MacOS/job/KStars_Release_macos/

I'm pretty sure the nightly ones should be the latest master, so if the change is in master, it should work.
1 year 9 months ago #83666

• Thank you received: 275
Thats the problem, I was looking at the stable builds. I see what I was looking for in the latest nightly build.

Thanks for the fast response.
1 year 9 months ago #83669

• Thank you received: 41
Most recent build is not working with CCD Simulator

[ org.kde.kstars.indi] - CCD Simulator : "[ERROR] FITS Error: could not allocate memory "
1 year 9 months ago #83692

Yes I found the same problem myself. I think the issue is related to a big INDI change from two days ago. I made a comment on the merge request for the author of the change to investigate the issue
1 year 9 months ago #83695

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds