INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Transfer artificial horizon from one machine to another

• Thank you received: 3
I have kstars on my laptop and also on my astroberry. The astroberry is headless, except for vnc, and being a raspberry pi it is slow anyway, so it's a real pain to make it display a terrain file so I can draw an artificial horizon around it. On the other hand my laptop is nice and fast and I was able to draw the artificial horizon quick and easy. The problem is, I need it on my astroberry so that the scheduler running on the astroberry can be aware of the horizon so it doesn't start jobs when blocked by trees or buildings. And I'd really like the artificial horizon to be exactly the same on both machines so they are consistent (I tend to plan my observing on the laptop as it's quicker and more pleasant to scroll round the sky with HIPS overlays showing. I know the artificial horizon data points are saved in the kstars sqlite file: if I just copy this file (or even the whole of ~/.local/share/kstars) across from the laptop to the astroberry, will I end up with a working artificial horizon on the astroberry or will I just break things? If not, what is the best way to do this? (As a feature request, if there were a way to import and export artificial horizons to / from a file to make transferring them between machines easier, that would be fantastic!)
2 years 3 weeks ago #81708

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds