INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

No guiding in simulation mode

• Thank you received: 19
Hello,

V3.5.8. It is no possible to simulate guiding. No stars into the image, so no calibration. The camera guiding gain is at maximum and exposure 1 or 2 seconds. Always the same message at last:
"Lost track of the guide star. Try increasing the square size or reducing pulse duration." . Is it a know issue ?
2 years 1 week ago #82056

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69
With my actual guide camera (ZWO ASI224MC) on a 840mm refractor my calibration initial pulse size in the guiding options, was 1000 (I can't remember if I ever changed that). As I don't understand that value's use, I don't know what it should be. I have never been able to get the internal guider to work (whereas Phd2 always works), and the internal guider commonly issued that same error message as yours. Last night for the 1st time, I played with the initial pulse size and set it to 1500 and then to 250 for kicks. It actually worked. The drift plot looks terrible (I know I have excessive RA backlash) but at least it was attempting to guide.

I guess I should do a web search on that parameter.

Cheers
2 years 1 week ago #82070

• Thank you received: 19
Hello Jerry,
I use regularly the internal guider of Kstars. Usually I guide at +/- 0.5 arcsec with f=510mmm and 80mm diameter, on à finder 9x50 and a QHY224C. I prefer having one software than two. The internal guider borrows a lot to PHD2. It's a good thing to active the GPG option also.
You must do the calibration on the equator and near the meridian
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerry Black
2 years 1 week ago #82102

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds