INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mosaic Planner not rendering real time

• Thank you received: 41
Hello guys,

I am just playing around with the Mosaic Planner (Mac OS , latest stable Kstars) and I can see that it responds "erratic" and is not rendering real time.

For example in this picture lets say that I want those panels to go to the centre of the map, I would have to press the recenter button, correct? But if I click it nothing changes. I have to click it and then go and click into the map to see the change.

Then if I want to pan into the map and drag those panels around for precise framing, this is just impossible :-(

Am I missing something on how to use it?

1 year 10 months ago #83299
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Your KStars is paused. Click on the Red button in the toolbar to unpause it.
1 year 10 months ago #83301

• Thank you received: 41
Oh G! Thank you Jasem, that was easy.

Now I can see better performance while panning and dragging those panels, but still with a little lag 1-2s. Probably cause it renders all the background simultaneously.
1 year 10 months ago #83303

• Thank you received: 226
Unrelated. But Wow, Since when is it plotted onto the main starmap? Looks great :)
1 year 10 months ago #83328

• Thank you received: 226
I have noticed that the frame orientation for large mosaics don't quite match what I expect. If they are meant to wrap the on the celestial sphere in the same way an FOV symbol can 'Lock to Celestial Pole', I find they don't match up. It should adapt for all declinations, but the pattern is more or less the same until it approaches the poles where things get a bit wonky. At the celestial equator, there should be no significant rotation, crossing to the southern sky, the scheme does not work at all in the southern hemisphere which should turn the opposite way.
1 year 9 months ago #83786
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds