INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

more tokens for output path generation?

• Thank you received: 25
I see there are a few tokens (`_[DHTF]_`) that can be used to construct a capture path, but it doesn't appear that there are ones for object name, camera, etc. I'd like to be able to do any combination of

_D_ - date
_H_ - time
_T_ - timestamp
_F_ - filter (frequency for the radio astronomers?)

_C_ - camera
_S_ - scope/source/sensor
_O_ - object
_N_ - exposure number
_X_ - exposure length
_I_ - image type (flat, light, dark, ...)
_L_ - other lenses (barlow, reducer, corrector, ...)
_G_ - gain

so I could say my output path is something like:

/mnt/astro/_C_/_O_/_K_/_F_/_O_ _K_ _T_ _N_.fits

The point of this is to allow the capture to be automatically aggregated in more meaningful ways.

* one might leave this set up for weeks at a time and just drive it around for a bit of EAA-style astro(nomy|photography)
/mnt/astro/SV503-SV193-LPro-ZWO_ASI533MC/M42/Light/30_secs/M42_2022-03-17T20-48-39.fits

* one might have more sophisticated setup including an EFW to swap filters, so it wouldn't make as much sense to embed the filter name into the scope/camera part of the path ...
/mnt/astro/NP127-ZWO_ASI2600MM/M42/Light/Ha/30_secs/M42_2022-03-17T20-48-39.fits

Also I couldn't find a way to make the output path be consistent between the capture module and the scheduler; if I'm just capturing, images go to /home/stellarmate/Pictures/Light/<filter>/<generatedfilename>.fits; the scheduler puts them under /home/stellarmate/Pictures/<target>/... - it would be nice to make these do the same thing.
1 year 9 months ago #83704

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thank you Chris. There was a volunteer developer who implemented place holders for such token: invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/merge_requests/453

Unfortunately it is no longer being worked so it needs to be picked up by hopefully another developer to continue implementing this feature along with perhaps more options for more tokens as per your suggestion.
1 year 9 months ago #83708

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds