INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos + stellarium plate solve issue

• Thank you received: 7
Hi,

I've recently updated kstars/ekos/libindi to latest version (running on a rpi). I've noted a major difference while I'm using stellarium and connected to the indi server. When I slew to an object with stellarium and go to ekos and try to plate solve and sync, it solves, but also slews to the previous object I slewed in first instance (or parking, if none). With the previous version, it solved correctly and slewed to the current object, as expected.

Any ideas?

Miguel
1 year 8 months ago #84058

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This is a known issue. Unless the GOTO is issued from Ekos, it doesn't know the last object slewed to. Wolfgang tried to submit a solution to this so that Ekos would be able to detect the GOTO from INDI state changes alone, but it was dropped after it was deemed difficult to implement correctly.
1 year 8 months ago #84063

Thanks for the feedback Jasem. I hope you can modify it again. I don't remember the version I had before but it was working fine. I guess a lot of code has changed and recovering this behavior may not be trivial. Thanks for your effort.
I will pay attention to the next updates, but if you are aware of the fix and remember this thread, please post :)
1 year 8 months ago #84065

Jasem, has been this issue, by chance, solved in this last update?
1 year 7 months ago #84948

Unfortunately no. It's a complex issue and no one had time to fix it.
1 year 7 months ago #84953

Jasem, just to my understanding. Why did this feature stop working? It worked in some previous version (I don't remember which one sorry). What has changed that makes so difficult to fix it? Just out of curiosity
1 year 7 months ago #84956

The following user(s) said Thank You: Miguel
1 year 7 months ago #84960

Time to create page: 0.560 seconds