INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indi_asi_ccd crash: ASIGetNumOfConnectedCameras

• Thank you received: 2
Running Kstars 3.6.0 and indilib 1.9.7 on Raspberry PI (Ubuntu Mate 22.04) the indi_asi_ccd driver crashes silently immedialtly after start:
[2022-08-04T16:23:57.920 CEST CRIT ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - INDI driver "indi_asi_ccd" crashed!
No more info!

Running the same on openSuse 15.4, the log says:
[2022-08-04T15:56:47.968 CEST DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - INDI Server: "2022-08-04T13:56:47: Driver indi_asi_ccd: [17780,17780 ASIGetNumOfConnectedCameras]: ASIGetNumOfConnectedCameras >>"
[2022-08-04T15:56:47.968 CEST CRIT ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - INDI driver "indi_asi_ccd" crashed!

Any idea?

Håkan Wahlberg
1 year 7 months ago #85025

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 133
Is that openSUSE also on the Pi?
The forum has several posts about that issue, the latest SDKs released by ZWO have a faulty armv8 (aarch64) version of libASICamera2. You need to replace that with an older version (1.22; both 1.24 and 1.25 don't work).
Check for example this post
1 year 7 months ago #85046

No, I run Ubuntu Mate on the Raspberry PI's and openSuse on my PC's.
However, I replaced the libASICamera2.so.1.25 with the previous one as described in your link and now my Raspberry PI's works fine again :) !

There seems to be a similar problem on the openSuse, both Leap 15.4 and Tumbleweed, but they are of less concern for me right now.
I will look into that later.

Thank You very much for Your help !

Håkan W
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Sütterlin
1 year 7 months ago #85059

I'm running Tumbleweed on both the x86_64 machines and the Pi4, but self compiled packages from git. No issues here. What packages do you use? But the libASICamera problem only affected armv8 version, x86_64 always ran fine....
1 year 7 months ago #85060

I used to compile from sources, but now I simply use the Astrophotography_Software repository for both Leap and Tumbleweed.
I will compile kstars, indilb and indi-3party from sources again just to verify.

So Tumbleweed works fine on RPI? How do you deal with all updates?

Thanks!
1 year 7 months ago #85064

Oh, didn't even know that repo....
Not sure why the intel version fails, too. Guess you'll find out ;)

Yes, no problems at all with TW on the Pi. It is great to have the same OS version on all machines - all my private machines run TW now. The Pi is only for my second mount, so I do not follow all updates, but only do it once or twice a month. No problems with that so far. But I consider adding an SSD (it will boot from that, tried already) for speed and lifetime of the SD card...
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Peter Sütterlin.
1 year 7 months ago #85065

Interesting! I may test TW on one of the RPI since openSuse has been the dist of my choice since years ago
1 year 7 months ago #85066

The asi-driver crash on openSuse was caused by libasi. I compiled and installed only libasi from sources and now it works, even with the drivers from Astrophotography_Software repository.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Sütterlin
1 year 7 months ago #85095

Time to create page: 1.330 seconds