INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

loose access to Rotator Settings - KStars window

• Thank you received: 9
Hi, I'm running KStars 3.6.0 without any major issues so far. This is more of a niggle than a major problem. What I've found is that, for me anyway, if I leave the Rotator Settings window open and close the Ekos main window I can't open the Rotator Settings window again. To correct the situation I'm having to stop and restart Ekos. The better solution would be for me to remember to close the settings window before closing Ekos window but I'm getting old....I suspect it believes the settings window is still open somewhere but its no longer visible. Can anybody else confirm this issue?
Thanks
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Ray.
1 year 7 months ago #85140

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 72
No, i can't! All windows are opening and closing correctly and totally independently from each other.
What's the platform you're working on?
1 year 7 months ago #85407

Hi, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. Kstars and indi compiled from source.
1 year 7 months ago #85414

Oh, we are on the same boat! What is your windows manager? I'm still using Unity.
1 year 7 months ago #85427

Hi, Looks like GNOME Version 3.36.8. Just tested it again. So starting with the rotator window open. I close the ekos window using the red 'X' in the top right and the rotator widow disappears. Before it will display again I have to stop/restart ekos. If I close the ekos window from the toolbar icon the rotator window doesn't disappear at this point but does when I re-open the ekos window. Again I have to stop/restart ekos to be able to display the rotator window again.
1 year 7 months ago #85433

Now that's strange: I'm working right now with GNOME Version 3.36.8 and all windows - including the rotator window - are acting as always: There is no coupling!
1 year 7 months ago #85442

Very Strange. I've today loaded up a test PC with Ubuntu 22.04 ( production PC is on 20.04) and Kstars 3.6.1 beta ( production PC running stable 3.6.0) . The rotator window misbehaves in the same fashion. As I said in my original post its not a major issue. I just have to remember not to leave the rotator window open when closing the ekos window or I have to stop/restart ekos to be able to open it again. Strange though. The Custom Capture Properties window button right next to the rotator window button works perfectly.

P.S. Just noticed. if I close Kstars without first closing ekos the Kstars window closes and for a split second afterwards I see the open rotator window which I think proves the window doesn't close it gets hidden behind other windows. Now if there was a way to bring it back to the foreground...
1 year 7 months ago #85757

OK, That last observation has led me to a simpler work-around. If I shrink the kstars window (not minimise it) I can drag the kstars window aside and there lurking behind is the the rotator window, I guess it would be nice if it stayed on top but that's a better solution than stopping/restarting ekos. Hope it helps someone else.
1 year 7 months ago #85758

Time to create page: 0.699 seconds