INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Using my dome with the scheduler

• Thank you received: 9
Hope the community can give me some help.
I have a pulsar dome with motorised rotation and shutter. The dome works fine itself and I'm trying now to use it with the scheduler. So the first step the scheduler takes is to unpark the dome. This works fine. Next it unmounts the scope and slews to the target. Heres the first thing I'm struggling with. Where is slaving enabled on the dome? Without it the dome wont rotate and the schedule starts focusing without sight of the sky. So i thought maybe i should enable slaving in the Indi driver panel and save it as part of the profile but this doesn't work for me either. Now I should add that my scope is pointing north at Polaris and most of my imaging is south towards the meridian. What happens now when the mount is unparked is the dome goes trundling off to polaris and again the scheduler starts focusing pointing at the back of the dome. Just in case this is caused by equipment I get the same behaviour using all simulators. So my two questions are: how should slaving be handled and shouldn't the scheduler wait for the dome to be in position before starting focusing, plate solving etc?

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Ray.
1 year 8 months ago #85250

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I believe this is a limitation with the scheduler in 3.6.0 (and before). We are moving to a new INDI system in 3.6.1 and I plan to account for slaving motion when in scheduler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray
1 year 8 months ago #85254

That's good news Jasem. I look forward to testing it.
1 year 8 months ago #85260

• Thank you received: 109
Yeah have same problem here. Need to unpark mount and dome before hand otherwise mount get unparked then dome. Dome start rotating to polaris where mount it pointing at moment and then mount start slewing to target. But dome doesn't care and continue to azimuth 0. When it arrive there it realize that mount is pointing else where and start rotating there. Issue is that scheduler already started focusing.
1 year 8 months ago #85263

Yes. That's exactly the behaviour I'm seeing.
1 year 8 months ago #85266

Time to create page: 1.055 seconds