INDI Library v1.9.8 Released (29 Sep 2022)

Bi-monthly INDI Library released with new drivers and bug fixes.

New Polar Alignment (Plate Solve) not working

• Thank you received: 429
It is the solver itself that determines all these things (shape, SNR, HFR, etc)--at least the first half of the solver, which detects stars and then feeds the star detections to the plate solve code. All this is inside of the StellarSolver library. In any case, in my experience, even if we could do that, determining that the image has star trails etc wouldn't be that reliable and so occasionally waiting 10s for the solver to timeout is likely a better solution.

Hy
AP1100 & Orion Atlas Pro, WO/ZS105 w/Moonlight V2 focus, GSO RC10 w/RSF focus
ZWO ASI1600, Astronomik Filters, ST80, QHY 5L-IIm.
KStars/Ekos/Indi on NUC10 & RPi4 w/SSD -- Ubuntu
Projects: Greedy Scheduler, Terrain, Polar Align, Analyze, Linear Focuser, SEP MultiStar & GPG Guide, FITS autostretch.
2 months 3 weeks ago #86183

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 54
I just tried a real life polar alignment with the plate solving method using your suggested 'workaround', by setting an arcsecond-per-pixel value, instead of the arcminute width and the PA, and plate solving performed without any problem. I had "Refresh solver failed" errors before but not this time. Furthermore, the errors get updated correctly contrary to before where the errors would not always get updated and often not displayed.

Thanks.

William Optics GTF81 on Avalon M-Zero OBS
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro
ZWO ASI290MM (guide)
ODroid N2 running Ubuntu Mate 20.04 LTS
KStars 3.6.0 Beta
The following user(s) said Thank You: Udo
2 months 3 weeks ago #86189

• Thank you received: 8
Here too it is working. Seems to me that also "Auto update" can be left checked: if unit is "app", found that changing binning updates Low and High scales with the correct numbers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Udo
2 months 3 weeks ago #86209

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, is this issue confirmed or solved? I'm also having the same problem. The plate solve simply fails and the move move start method isn't helping as the triangle is often too large for the image.
2 months 8 hours ago #86729

• Thank you received: 4
Have you tried the suggested solution/settings from the previous messages (previous page)?

Ciao, Udo
2 months 7 hours ago #86731

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Thanks for replying.

I noticed that there had been an update pushed out yesterday which included code changes as described above for the plate solving method. I've updated just now and will retry when the weather clears up.

Thanks!
2 months 6 hours ago #86732

Time to create page: 0.627 seconds