INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos Live crashing Ekos/Kstars on Ubuntu 22.04

• Thank you received: 1
I have recently updated to Ubuntu 22.04 and I have had a few teething problems. The biggest issue for me at the moment is that when ever I have Ekos running on my Ubuntu machine and then try check it over Ekos live on my phone or laptop it crashes Kstars. This is noticed as the cloud and computer symbol go from green to red. When I then VNC into my machine Kstars is no longer running.

Has anyone else experienced this issue. I have just purchased a premium Ekos live account so this was my first time using it. I cannot 100% be sure that’s it’s an Ubuntu issue but since I didn’t have any issues with the non premium Ekos live account I have to assume it’s due to the jammy jellyfish upgrade.

Thanks.
Lenny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 year 7 months ago #85647

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Do you have Ekos Debugger installed? I cannot replicate the issue on my side here. Ekos Debugger should catch any crashes. You can also open a ticket with StellarMate to follow up.
1 year 7 months ago #85655

Thanks Jasem, I don’t have the debugger installed but will install it and see if I can catch it.

First I gotta re-program my mount i managed to brick it last night as it ran into my pier !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 year 7 months ago #85657

Hi Jasem,
I installed EKOS debugger and started KStars and INDI via the debugger tool. Twice when i tried to connect to my profile via EKOS live it crashed KSTARS. I have attached the 2 logs in as well as the log file from one of my crashes yesterday, Not sure if that will help or not.

Let me know if this helps, I will also try to raise a ticket with Stellar Mate.

Thanks,
Lenny

File Attachment:

File Name: ekos_logs.zip
File Size:6 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_ekoscr...ning.txt
File Size:64 KB
1 year 7 months ago #85665
Attachments:

KStars log does not show crash. Just need to start KStars from Ekos Debugger tool only, then start INDI as your normally would inside KStars. If KStars crashes, then Ekos Debugger should hopefully catch that. If not, we'll have to figure out another way.
1 year 7 months ago #85675

Thanks, Jasem, So it appears the issue only occurs when I have the cloud storage option enabled. I just ran the simulator with a 5-sequence image cloud storage disabled and it ran with no problem. Re-started the sequence with cloud storage enabled and bombed out on the first image. Look like the debugger caught it.

File Attachment:

File Name: kstars_log...8-32.zip
File Size:11 KB
1 year 7 months ago #85683
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds