INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Linear 1 Pass gives wrong solution

• Thank you received: 18
Hi John,

I just tried to create the verbose log like you asked. Not under the stars, but that does not have to be an issue, as it is about starting the outward move.
Interestingly now it worked as expected!
Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that I had verbose logging on yesterday, which gave more strange behaviours.
So looks like this may have been false alarm. Let's see what happens next time under the stars.

Thanks for looking into this.

BR, WJ
The following user(s) said Thank You: John
1 year 2 months ago #89743

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

John, I can confirm that this was indeed false alarm. Yesterday I had a session under the stars and Linear 1 Pass worked like a charm!
So the verbose logging of INDI and CCD was the cause. Apparently it consumed so much resources that other processes started to cause issues. The focusing was not the only one.

Btw, now that I was forced to use another focusing routine again for an earlier night, it made me realise how much of an improvement Linear 1 Pass is compared to earlier ones. It's a really great tool!

Again, apologies for the confusion.

Br, Willem Jan.
1 year 2 months ago #89797

• Thank you received: 86
Wow. I didn't expect that logging might cause any issues...
I never noticed any interference from logging but just turned off the verbose logging for my new session.
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 2.
1 year 2 months ago #89807

It sounds quite unusual indeed. But the verbose logging is pretty intensive. Just logging the camera/capture verbose logging on INDI and drivers gave me a log file of almost 4 million line-items and a file of almost 800MB in just 5 hours. Overall it is probably good practise to turn verbose off unless you need it for troubleshooting.
1 year 2 months ago #89815

• Thank you received: 5
Okay, it took me a while, or rather, the sky took a while to clean up... but I can confirm that with Kstars 3.6.3 Linear1 with myfocuser2 v354 now works perfectly!!! Yeppyy!!! Now I'm having issues with stellar solver Argghhhh!!!! But that's a different story.... ;-).

Thank you very much, John, for your assistance and hard work.
1 year 1 month ago #90160

Time to create page: 1.007 seconds