INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Using one stellarmate/astroberry/"Kstars-PC" for different mounts (EQ6/EQ8)?

• Thank you received: 20
Hi all,
I have stumbled over a perhaps silly question:
I have two mounts, a EQ6-R and a EQ8-R. Depending on what object I want to photograph I use the one or the other. At the moment I use for each of them one dedicated Raspberry Pi with Stellarmate or Astroberry.
Now I'm thinking of using a MeLe 3Q PC instead of Raspberry. Since the Mele 3Q it is a little bit more expensive, I'm wondering if I can use ONE computer to control either the EQ6 or the EQ8 (not both at the same time of course). What kind of problems can I run into? What do I have to do when changing the mount? Is a mount model reset sufficient?

Thanks for helping in advance.
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by JuergenN.
1 year 7 months ago #86061

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13

I'm contemplating doing similar (just to have something to play with).
You should not have any different issues than you would using one RPi for both. Simply create two different profiles and use the appropriate one. I'm currently doing that with both of my RPi's. I have one targeted towards use with the NexStar 8se, and then another for the William Optics ZentihStar 103mm. But I have profiles for both on each one... and the WO has 2 profiles, one for use with the ASI585MC and one for use with the ASI533MM.
The only question may be since both mounts are of the same "family"... does each profile keep it's own settings for said mount configs.
Having fun learning about the cosmos.
I run an astrophotography site as a hobby.
1 year 7 months ago #86188

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds