INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Greedy scheduler and refocus

• Thank you received: 41
I've discovered an error when using greedy scheduler. My workflow is to divide all my capture sessions on 1h tranches. I've a set of different sequences files that all sums 1h with different exposure for frame (12x300, 20x180, 60x60). So I usually put an entry on the classic scheduler for an object with this sequence and I use the "Repeat N" option to obtain the expected exposure. I've the scheduler configured to recenter, focus and guide on each job. This ensures me that after each 1h run I'll refocus and recenter the target. All fine, all good.

Now, greedy scheduler enter into scene. I love the concept to keep the telescope busy as much as it can. But it looks to me that is too greedy. For example, with this setup

I'll expect the the target will be shoot since it is visible until twilight on 1h runs. And I expect that each hour the focus / entering step will be taken. But when I run a schedule like this, it begins and keeps going until twilight without the expected focusing / entering after each job.

Could it be possible to recover this behaviour on greedy?

Thanks
1 year 5 months ago #86674
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 559
If you'd like to refocus every hour, you can use the Limits menu on the Capture tab, and make sure you save the change back to your sequence file (the file named L_1h_120s.esq in your picture). Something like the image below, but remember to edit the lines of the capture sequence and click the checkmark, then save the file, like any other change to the capture sequence.

1 year 5 months ago #86687
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 41
Thanks Hy, good trick to use the sequence limits to tigger a refocus inside each sequence!. I'll try on next clear night!
1 year 5 months ago #86855

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds