INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] EKOS Scheduler NOOB question: dew heater setting

• Thank you received: 54
I have started experimenting with the EKOS scheduler and I am wondering how to make sure that the dew heater outputs of my PPBA will be turned on whenever the scheduler starts EKOS and activates the equipment. I haven't seen anything specific for that. BTW, same for setting the CCD temperature; it seems that setting it in the capture module sets it in the 'esq' file but I am not quite sure if that's the standard way to do it.

I would be grateful if someone could enlighten me.

TIA
1 year 5 months ago #86774

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
I believe in this case you would write a script to run at job/scheduler startup.
1 year 5 months ago #86778

I was hoping for something relatively simpler since, writing a script, likely with pyindi-client, is not necessarily trivial for less software-inclined people. I will look into that option even though I don't know much of Python intricacies and even less of pyindi-client.

Thanks for the suggestion, its a good challenge.
1 year 5 months ago #86779

I figured this would be taken care of at the driver side? isn't there an auto-dew feature? isn't this saved by the config? so it the driver is loaded and it's on, shouldn't it kick to action when required?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gilles Gagnon
1 year 5 months ago #86783

Thanks Jasem, you're right, everything (most) is taken care of in indi, at the driver side.

In the indi window, one has to specify what settings need to be set for which driver, and save the config file, and things are taken care of there: CCD temperature, dew heaters, etc... As it wasn't obvious in the EKOS scheduler documentation, I wasn't sure, hence my original post.

I had an opportunity to test yesterday evening, thanks for a break in the clouds and, "holy back hole Batman" this will be a game changer for me. Lot of 'fun' in perspective.

One issue I observed is that I got those mount parking timeouts while parking the mount during the observatory shutdown procedure. Is there a place in the mount driver where the timeout value can be set to something different, like in the dome driver? My mount seems a bit slow to park and needs more time to do so.

Thanks.
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Gilles Gagnon. Reason: Issue solved
1 year 5 months ago #86795

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds