INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Interaction with PHD2 and other questions

• Thank you received: 31
I am up-to-date as of about a day ago with 64Bit Raspberry Pi OS.

I have noticed that I used to be able to go to the guiding tab (which has been rearranged significantly) and I can no longer connect or disconnect and start the guiding because the buttons are deactivated and greyed out. I need to go to PHD2 to do this and this is working fine. Is this a deliberate change of functionality?

Another thing I have found is the manual buttons to control the mount are producing random movements. I found this when I tried to centre the Moon and could not because the movement I either went too far or moved in the opposite direction.

Another thing is that the applications are now using significantly more RAM. I am finding that immediately after starting about 1.3GB is used (which is still a lot) but the next morning it is around 1.7GB.

Paul
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Paul.
1 year 6 months ago #86824

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I am going to simplify the questions in the hope that I can get at least one answer.

Is it now normal that Ekos buttons no longer control PHD2?

Has anyone else had trouble with the virtual mount control buttons behaving randomly?

Is 1.7GB the normally expected RAM usage?

Paul
1 year 6 months ago #87022

• Thank you received: 94
1 year 6 months ago #87043

Steve,

I have found that if I add the guide camera to the profile the buttons are now active.

This seems to be a bug, as it is not necessary for anything else. The camera is not available for selection, and it does not need to be.I suspect that I could add any camera and it would work, because the camera is controlled by PHD2.

I have not tested it, because it is now daylight and I don't expect clear skies for a week or so.

I am still interested in some answers to the other questions :)

Paul
1 year 6 months ago #87052

Time to create page: 0.822 seconds