INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Optical trains or profiles?

• Thank you received: 15
Hi,

at the moment, I have one Ekos profile for each telescope setup. 1 mount, 1 main cam, 1 guide scope w/ guide cam and 3 different main scopes I put on the mount. And for solar viewing with a Quark filter I have yet another profile because of the different focal length. So a total of 4 profiles.

If I understand it right in 3.6.1 I can define optical trains for each of my different setups. Does that mean I can just use 1 profile with 5 optical trains (3 for night viewing, 1 for solar, 1 guide train)? What are the advantages/disadvantages then?

Or put it that way: When would I use profiles and when optical trains? Or is it more or less equivalent and a matter of taste? I understand that the planned multi-camera feature is a dfferent thing here and not possible just with profiles.

Thx and regards
Bernd
1 year 5 months ago #87282

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If the equipment are all the same (i.e. same drivers for all the setups), then it would be easier to just create different trains. You'd want to use a different profile if you need to add or change drivers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bernd Limburg
1 year 5 months ago #87284

• Thank you received: 15
Ah ok, the drivers were the missing piece I didn't think of. The drivers are indeed all the same in my setups, so I will give 1 profile / multiple trains a try.
1 year 5 months ago #87285

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds