INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Eqmod crash during alignement - Ubuntu 22.04

• Thank you received: 14
Hi veryone

Last night, I had many troubles with alignement procedure and eqmod crash. It happens following the las update. Alignement and eqmod runs perfectly tuesday before this update. I have tried to erase the mount alignement model to find out if any earlier points was messing, but it happens with a empty alignement list too.

Setup : Linux mint mate (Ubuntu 22.04) on lenovo thinkcenter tiny
Kstars/Ekos up to date (3.6.1) Compiled 2022-11-10T12:56:42Z
HEQ5 pro
ASI 071 mc pro
guide QHY 5L-II mono

The flow is using the "capture and solve" action

I slew the scope to the direction and start alignement procedure :
1st alignement is 1° away (normal behavior) and sync is ok
2nd alignement is closer but not accurate enought (still normal behavior) - sync is ok
3rd alignement : the solution is again far away (and visible on the captured image off the target) and the EqMod driver crashes.

In the log I noticed this error
"[2022-11-12T01:36:45.115 CET DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - INDI Server: "2022-11-12T00:36:45: Driver indi_eqmod_telescope: DoubleTriangle: All points are Collinear!"
[2022-11-12T01:36:45.115 CET DEBG ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - INDI Server: ""

Here is a log

Valentin
-
1 year 4 months ago #88062
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Up

I am currently imaging with my setup, and have started with the same update. The same crash of Emod appears after 3rd alignement.
Jasem pushed a update on libindi and after updating, I think the issue is solved. I have made my alignement perfectly without any eqmod crashes.

Thanks Jasem
1 year 4 months ago #88104

Hi I have a similar problem. I was using HEQ5 and kstars 3.6.1 (last update a few days ago).Last time I used the mount was with kstars 3.5.8 and all went ok on October 17 (now Nov 13).At start of session I moved to a bright star to focus using Bhatinov mask. I used the astrometric alignment to centre the star.The mount moved towards the star (Deneb). The star appeared near the centre of the image but then it did another alignment stepand the mount moved off target, the tracking stayed off and the mount drifted west at about 1/2 degree per second.If I change the align accuracy to 600 arc seconds then it works, but not on anything less than 200 arc seconds.In the mount tab and I turned tracking back on it started moving towards the target and re-solving again but again failed near the objecy and moved off target.I swapped to my EQ6 (only using a small refractor so this was overkill) and it seemed to work... but....At the end of first imaging session I moved to a new target and same problem started again.Hardware issue or software issue ? Attach image of failed align. The bright star shown is NOT Deneb which comes out massive with a 2 second exposure.Linux mint 22 client, ubuntu 22.04 pi server.
1 year 4 months ago #88107
Attachments:

Hi, I had seen exactly what you describe with the HEQ5 pro.

With the last update of eqmod driver, I confirm the problem is solved, all my alignments are ok and added to the model as before. The behavior of the alignement is restored, and eqmod driver doesn't crash anymore.

Thanks again Jasem for the quick fix
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Val Chevalier.
1 year 4 months ago #88108

Time to create page: 1.618 seconds