INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Altitude limits

• Thank you received: 0

Altitude limits was created by Daniel Weiss

Hello,
After mine previous report that on 3.6.1 altitude limits are not possible to change which is fixed in 3.6.2 Iam having another issues with them.

When running scheduler it did not work with those limits - if target reaches target ekos somehow stop tracking but the scheduler is still trying to renew it and spams

2022-11-27T20:27:48 Job 'NGC 1491' is slewing to target.
2022-11-27T20:27:48 Warning: job 'NGC 1491' found not slewing, restarting.

In control tab:

2022-11-27T23:42:28 Telescope altitude is above maximum altitude limit of 59. Aborting motion...

And stucks on this. Could you check it please? And also is it possible to add maximum altitude into scheduler like there is already Alt > x — Alt < x

Thank you for reply and helping out
1 year 4 months ago #88583

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Daniel Weiss on topic Altitude limits

One more bug found.. Somehow it skipped slewing to target and started framing - centering on object from park position when the limit was reached.
1 year 3 months ago #88697

up
1 year 3 months ago #88876

• Thank you received: 559

Replied by Hy Murveit on topic Altitude limits

@Daniel, I just submitted into the latest code a fix for your original issue, that the scheduler wasn't paying attention to the mount's altitude constraint. See here invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/merge_requests/803

Please let me know if it fixes things if you can either compile from the latest source now, or test the overnight build in a couple days.
Hy
1 year 3 months ago #88928

Hello, i will have a look at it. Which overnight bouild is it please? if i would not be able to build it from code
1 year 3 months ago #88944

Finally got to it @MY HURVEIT Using 3.6.3 beta: 2022-12-15T18:35:08 Sleeping until observation job M 31 is ready at čt pro 15 21:59:07 2022...
the scheduler not even started target is not in limit. Shouldnt it start scheduler and skip the target?
1 year 3 months ago #89070

Not sure I fully understand your issue, but in case what you're asking is why it didn't go on to a different target, please make sure you are using the greedy scheduler algorithm. The "classic" scheduler never does that.

If that doesn't solve things, please attach the scheduler (.esl) and sequence (.esq) files you're using along with the local time you ran, and your approximate lat/lon, (and a debug log if you were recording one). Please also repeat more specifically what the expected behavior is and what it did instead. Then I'll see if I can figure out what the issue is.

Hy
1 year 3 months ago #89082

Hi, thank you for your reply.
Greedy vs classic - I thought that there is only difference that the Greedy will go for "point" better targets when classic goes target by target how you set it up.
Was for sure using Classic I will try the Greedy when I get home from work.

1. setup the scheduler list
2. limit Alt (0-59) - here would be great to have option to set something like map where mount can go
3. run scheduler
4. scheduler starts sleving to target but the mount control panel should tell scheduler "Nonono there is limit 0-59 and your target is out of that"
5. run next target

Current:

1. setup the scheduler list
2. limit Alt (0-59) - here would be great to have option to set something like map where mount can go
3. run scheduler
4. scheduler waits until the target is in the range - in my example it was Andromeda and scheduler wanted to wait 4 hrs to target drop down (its on the other side of building so I would not be able to see it anyways..)

Where I can set debug log on? About .esl .esq will send them to you when I get home
1 year 3 months ago #89087

I believe the classic scheduler will not start the next job until the current job is done, even if the current job can't run. That's the reason I wrote the Greedy Scheduler. Honestly, I don't see a use case for classic.

No need to send the logs/files if Greedy works ;)

You can definitely control the scheduler with a terrain picture and artifical horizon limits. See for instance this video for setting up the terrain image
and for instance see this post re setting up an artificial horizon indilib.org/forum/wish-list/6721-ekos-sc...onstraint.html#74088

Setup logging as below (1- go to the setup tab, 2- select log, 3- choose verbose, file, and select most of the Ekos modules.
1 year 3 months ago #89089
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.302 seconds