INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New MacOS Beta version 3.6.2, please test

• Thank you received: 28
Hi Rob,

I removed the Manual Filter from the configuration and tried multiple relaunches, including after a system restart. Still the same result. I've attached log files for you from the runs without the filter. It's strange because this configuration runs fine under 3.6.1.
1 year 3 months ago #88670

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 104
Hi Rob,

I take a look to the file in your beta2 package and find wrong link to your user directory.

ls -l KStars.app/Contents/Frameworks
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pch staff 763504 30 nov 06:48 libLimeSuite.20.10-1.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x 1 pch staff 94 30 nov 06:50 libLimeSuite.dylib -> /Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/KStarsDMG/KStars.app/Contents/Frameworks/libLimeSuite.20.10-1.dylib
-rw-r--r-- 1 pch staff 309008 30 nov 06:48 libPlayerOneCamera.3.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x 1 pch staff 94 30 nov 06:50 libPlayerOneCamera.dylib -> /Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/KStarsDMG/KStars.app/Contents/Frameworks/libPlayerOneCamera.3.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pch staff 1145200 30 nov 06:49 libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x 1 pch staff 87 30 nov 06:50 libSDL2-2.dylib -> /Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/KStarsDMG/KStars.app/Contents/Frameworks/libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib
-rw-r--r-- 1 pch staff 4988128 30 nov 06:48 libSVBCameraSDK.1.dylib
lrwxr-xr-x 1 pch staff 91 30 nov 06:50 libSVBCameraSDK.dylib -> /Users/rlancaste/AstroRoot/KStarsDMG/KStars.app/Contents/Frameworks/libSVBCameraSDK.1.dylib
1 year 3 months ago #88672

• Thank you received: 809
Thank you Patrick! I will check that
1 year 3 months ago #88673

Patrick, you might be on to something. I just looked at the previous DMG I made and all the links to libraries are relative links whereas somehow this current dmg has some absolute links which could very much cause a problem like this on somebody else's system but not mine since on mine the files exist. I don't think I changed anything in the build script that could cause this and I don't think INDI changed. So let me see if this is change in craft or if it has something to do with Ventura. I recently updated to Ventura.

This is why you guys are so important! Thanks!
1 year 3 months ago #88674

Ok, I investigated the cause of the absolute links and it turns out it was due to a change I had made to the script between 3.6.1 and 3.6.2. I had added a couple of symbolic links in the script but I had made the links to the full path of the files by accident. So I just made a correction to it and built another dmg.

Please see if this one works. 3rd time is the charm I hope.

Thank you Patrick for the clue! Hopefully it was just the links and isn't something wrong with those two drivers.

www.indilib.org/jdownloads/kstars/beta/kstars-3.6.2-beta3.dmg

Thanks,

Rob
1 year 3 months ago #88675

Rob - unfortunately I am getting the same result. I've attached log files for your review. Regrettably I don't have the technical chops to interpret the information.
1 year 3 months ago #88676
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 155
I just downloaded and tried your lastest version Rob.
I also have the exact same problems I had earlier.

1. EKOS opens up fine, but it crashes to the desktop as soon as I try and connect the Moonlight Nitecrawler focuser/rotator, or AAG Cloudwatcher.
However, these devices load fine: Nexdome, ZWO EFW, ASI1600MM, SX CCD Lodestar, and iOptron CEM120. As long as I don't launch the Cloudwatcher or Nightcrawler it seems fine. But once I g back and try and load with of those two, KStars crashes to the desktop.

2. After crashing, NOTHING will load up until I reboot the Mac. If I skip rebooting, and just try to launch ANY device it will crash. But after a reboot, I can launch EKOS and load all those devices I listed above, except the Nitecrawler or Cloudwatcher. Those crash the whole system.

3. Version 3.6.2 beta (build 2022-10-28) works fine with all my devices.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Peter Kennett.
1 year 3 months ago #88677

Hi Peter,

In terms of your issue with rebooting: If you do get a crash while ekos is running, indiserver might still be running when it crashes KStars. a quick way to stop that would be to go to terminal and type "killall indiserver" and I would think that would have the same effect for you as the rebooting you described.

Based on the other part of what you said, it may be that there is some issue with the Moonlight driver and the AAG Cloudwatcher driver. I do have a moonlight, so I could probably run a test of that driver myself and see what happens.

Frederick, I will take a look at it and see if there are any other clues in your logs.
1 year 3 months ago #88678

• Thank you received: 155
Sorry Rob. "killall indiserver" had no effect. After killing indiserver and relaunching KStars, it still crashes as soon as I try and connect to any device. I have to reboot to get it running again.
1 year 3 months ago #88683

Ok based on your feedback, we are now thinking this must be an internal KStars or INDI bug. You pretty much ruled out it being a packaging issue. We are looking into it.

Thanks for the help. We will let you know when we have more info.
1 year 3 months ago #88716

Hi Rob - I wanted to make sure you were aware that the KStars download site (edu.kde.org/kstars/) has the 3.6.2 version as the current release. I did try it and it still crashes when starting a profile. Perhaps consideration should be given for having the 3.6.1 release for Mac users posted on that site until 3.6.2 is able to run reliably.
1 year 3 months ago #88728

• Thank you received: 33
I have run kstars-3.6.2-beta2.dmg on macOS 11.7.1.
It worked in a simulator profile.
It crashed repeatedly in my real profiles.
Another point : kstars-3.6.2-beta2 is not localised (es störrt mir aber nicht)
Thanks Rob
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Jean-Claude JESIOR.
1 year 3 months ago #88729

Time to create page: 2.085 seconds