INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

3.6.2beta multiple issues

• Thank you received: 14
We are presently subject to freezing cold and high pressure so I have been using kstars for several nights after a long break.
Server: pi4 ubuntu 20.04 arm64 (focal)
Client x64 Linux mint 21 (ubunto 22 jammy)
Mount: HEQ5 EqMod.
Cameras: Main QHY294PROM , Guide QHY5III178M.
Filter: Manual.
Focuser: myFocuserPro2
Internal guider (2 second frames)

Issues encountered.
1. After polar alignment using guide train, unable to swap back to imaging train in alignment tab without disconnecting EKOS and reconnecting.
2. Astrometry alignment shows star trailing and fails when exposure > 5s (it failed most times using 8- 10 seconds with 3nm Ha filter). I tried various timeouts.
3. Focus module. Repeated error of HFR = -1 and no stars (I can see them !!). Gave up and used Bhatinov mask.
4. Guiding graphs in Setup/summary window sometimes bear no relation to those in Guide window (crazy high frequency sawtooth waves). Maybe cosmetic issue.
5. Fails to start alignment after meridian flip when sequence has already finished. Sometimes works but not reliable: I check in night and add another sequence/filter if I wake up. Last night it went crazy and started Calibrating instead of Capturing after I re-aligned it.
6. Guiding frames seem to stop while downloading image from main camera. Guide graphs then jump and restart.
I think that's enough for now ! Hopefully I can get a nights sleep as weather changing back to normal wind, rain and snow.
Nick
1 year 4 months ago #89091

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds