INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Unguided dithering not working

• Thank you received: 18
I am imaging unguided and use the non-guide dither pulse to get a dither between exposures.
However, recently this stopped working. After the image is taken, dithering starts, but fails immediately and hangs the capture sequence, which then needs to be aborted. Any ideas what this could be? Below a part of the log with verbose logging on for Ekos (mount and guide) and drivers (mount). Starting the dither and the failure happens at the same time, so it looks like it's not based on communication from the mount, but something in Ekos itself?

Thanks, Willem Jan.

1 year 2 months ago #89804
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 559
Willem Jan,

What software are you running that fails in this way? Are you using nightlies? If so, can you show the full log so we can see when it was compiled. Do you know what software was previously working so we can narrow down where to look for the issue?

Thanks
1 year 2 months ago #89811

In your optical train used for guiding, what's specified as the "Guider" there?
1 year 2 months ago #89812

• Thank you received: 18
Thanks Hy and Jasem, I found the issue. The problem was in the optical train as you suggested Jasem. I had not defined anything as Guider, since I'm not guiding. Instead, I now selected the 10Micron mount as Guider and dithering works as expected. Thanks for your help!
1 year 2 months ago #89814

Time to create page: 0.336 seconds