INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

how can i add C/2022 E3 ZTF Comet to kstars?

• Thank you received: 0
When i tried to update the comets data, it always return an error, (data verification failed) and if i try to add it manually it crash again,

How can i include this comet in Kstars? so ekos can platesolve it?

ah my configuration, Debian 11 , Kstars 3.4.3

Regards,
1 year 2 months ago #89883

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Not sure why would have a data verification error. This issue was resolved for quite a while. I just tested and comet update worked OK and the comet exists.

1 year 2 months ago #89903
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0
As I said, my version is 3.4.3 that's the one that came with Debian 11, I saw that newer versions got it resolved.

But I finally solved it, i found this page astro.vanbuitenen.nl/cometels with a list of comets that includes C/2022 E3 ZTF , i followed the instructions and downloaded it in $HOME/.local/share/kstars/comets.dat and problem resolved, now i've the list renewed and he comet C/2022 E3 ZTF appears.

BR,
1 year 2 months ago #89904

• Thank you received: 133
Strange. Just to add a data point:
I had a computer that wasn't used for a long time, and it still had kstars 3.3.9 installed. That one always gave me errors when trying to update data files. I just updated that to 3.6.3 (recent git). Starting it, it would ask me if it should convert database files to new format, which I OK'ed.
After that KStars->Data->Updates->Update Comets Orbital Elements succeeded, and then I could search (and find) C/2022 E3 ZTF.
1 year 2 months ago #89958

Time to create page: 2.062 seconds