INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EKOS - Sequence Field - How to use Sequence and slew Kstars to an Object ?

• Thank you received: 3
I am just getting started with Kstars, 72 hours. I am bringing it up on Linux with a HEQ5 Pro mount with a wifi dongle. I am alble to connect the mount to Kstars and manually slew it to cordinates from the indi control screen. I am suuck there.
As an intermediate step I would like to pick a target in the EKOS object screen and manually slew there. I am stuck understanding / using the sequesnce field.
How is the sequence field used? Is there a how to?
Once this is solved the next step it to start the mount from 'park', pointing at the Zenith and slewing to an object.
Thank you in advance. Dan
1 year 1 month ago #91347

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69
Hi,

I don't have an HEQ5 Pro mount, I use a Celestron CGX via USB, so I'm guessing about what issues you might have. Screen shots always help to explain where you are having problems.

If you are talking about slewing your scope to a particular object in the sky using the main kstars window, then you right click on a celestial object and choose the the menu item corresponding to your scope.If you were using the Simulators, it would be called "Telescope Simulator". In my case the menu item is "Celestron CGX". If you scope is properly identified in your profile (if you can see it in the INDI Control panel, that's likely true), then there should be a sub menu item "Goto". That should slew your scope to the object you've chosen.

Am I out-to-lunch here ?

Cheers

Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Jerry Black.
1 year 1 month ago #91349
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 565
I suggest you to look at the videos Jasem and co put together: stellarmate.com/support/ekos.html

With respect to slewing to things on the skymap, what I do is bind a key (I use control-L) to "slew the telescope to the mouse pointer position".
To do that, in the main kstars window go to Settings -> Configure Keyboard Shortcuts, and then type "slew" in the search box, then click on the command to set its shortcut.

When you use the system for real imaging, I strongly encourage you to use the scheduler.
Hy
1 year 1 month ago #91350

Time to create page: 0.641 seconds