INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

guide module selects wrong optical train

• Thank you received: 7
Hi, everytime I launch ekos (kstars 3.6.4 stable), it selects my primary optical train for my guiding. I have to disconnect from phd2 and then manually select my secondary train which is my guide scope. I thought ekos would remember my selection, but it doesn't. Is this normal? If not, how can I make it remember which optical train to select when it's launched? Thanks, Mike
Last edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by mikeE.
10 months 4 weeks ago #92932

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
Not sure why this happens. Did you first disconnect PHD2 and changed the optical train afterwards?

At least I tested it with the latest version where it works as expected.

HTH
Wolfgang
10 months 3 weeks ago #92938

im running stellarmate phd2 connecting to it from my pc in the house running kstars. im just pointing kstars to the stellarmate ip for connection. oddly enough, phd2 on the stellarmate pi is connecting to the correct camera and mount. its only with in ekos on my pc thats showing connected to the primary train. im not even sure is this is a problem or not. if phd2 on the stellarmate pi is connected to the proper camera and mount, does it really matter what ekos is reporting?
10 months 3 weeks ago #92939

• Thank you received: 370
Normally it should not matter, since - as you rightfully stated - the selected optical train has no influence upon the profile selection of PHD2.

The only thing that might happen is if you select the wrong camera for guiding. If this is the case, EKOS displays the guiding frames in the FITS viewer. This is not problematic, but it could be annoying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikeE
10 months 3 weeks ago #92940

I agree, as long as phd2 is connected to the correct camera, I'm not sure it really matters what ekos thinks. Everything seems to be working as it should, and guiding is spot on. Thanks for your help.
10 months 3 weeks ago #92941

• Thank you received: 20
I'm on 3.6.4 KStars, and the same thing happens to me, but I guide with Ekos so it matters. Not a show stopper. I just go through all of the tabs and make sure the correct train is selected.
10 months 3 weeks ago #92959

• Thank you received: 565
Dave,

I found an issue in 3.6.4 that sounds like what you are experiencing, and Jasem and I added fixes at the end of April to correct it (in the beta software). Hopefully this issue is fixed in the release due at the end of May (3.6.5).

See
invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/commit...abac3be749fafac161d2
invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/commit...bba4f8b0e34219ae3ef6

Hy
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Allmon
10 months 3 weeks ago #92965

• Thank you received: 20
Hy,

Thanks! I'm looking forward to 3.6.5
10 months 3 weeks ago #92966

Time to create page: 1.061 seconds