INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Auto Select Star and Full Field not toggling in Focus Module (KStars 3.6.5)

• Thank you received: 50
Just getting used to the new features of KStars 3.6.5 and came across this issue in the Focus Module.
You can choose Auto Select Star and then Full Field, but then you can’t return to Auto Select Star unless you close down and reopen KStars.
9 months 3 weeks ago #93304
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
I'm not sure whether I understand the problem. You can select "Auto Select Star" only if "Sub Frame" selection is chosen - for full field it does not make sense having auto star selection activated. When switching to "Full field", the checkbox for "Auto Select Star" is cleared and the field is deactivated. If you switch back to "Sub Frame", you need to check "Auto Select Star" again.

-Wolfgang
9 months 3 weeks ago #93306

• Thank you received: 50
Hi Wolfgang - thanks for this clarification. I suppose my confusion would have been better illustrated with this image:

Perhaps the ‘Use all stars for focusing’ should be greyed out when ‘Auto Select Star’ is ticked … .or again I may not fully understand these options …. I am just exploring the changes from KStars 3.6.0.
Ed
9 months 3 weeks ago #93309
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 276
Hi Avocette,

Focus uses either Multiple Stars or a Single Star.

Full Frame checked means Multiple Stars. In this case Ekos selects as many stars as star detection is configured for. There is no option for the user to select multiple stars.

Sub Frame checked means Single Star. In this case: Auto Select Star checked means Ekos selects a single star; Auto Select not checked means the User selects a single star.

The change in 3.6.5 is to grey out the Auto Select Star when Full Frame is selected. Previously, you could set or not set it... it was just ignored.

Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette
9 months 3 weeks ago #93310

• Thank you received: 370
Many thanks, John, absolutely right.

And indeed, the current UI behavior is slightly inconsistent. It would be better, if we grey out the mask options when "Sub Frame" is selected. We'll fix it in the next release.

Wolfgang
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avocette
9 months 3 weeks ago #93312

Time to create page: 0.430 seconds