INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

DBUS - get last file written for scripting

• Thank you received: 6
Is there a way to get the location of the last FIT-file that is written to the disk, (using DBUS)?

I'm having the problem that I have a slow drift of my object from the chip. I try to solve it by executing a script every 10 exposures. I just keep the number of exposures in a file in /tmp directory. I execute the script for every file in my sequence. Every 10th file I execute a solve-slewtotarget sync on the last file that was written to the disk.
Doing a new exposure for the platesolve operation would take too much time and would give me gaps in my timeseries. This way the object stays centered on the chip.

Basically, it's a very slow "autoguiding" on the frames that the main camera is taking.
It's finding the "filename" for this function:
Ekos::Align::startSolving (const QString &filename, bool isGenerated=true)
I'm having everything figured out, except finding the location of the last written file.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Meister Wolf.
7 years 1 month ago #14361

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You're solving the sequence file that gets saved? Sequence files are saved to specific directory you specified in capture module. But I think I might be missing something here because that is obvious. What files are you solving exactly? what goes into /tmp ?
7 years 1 month ago #14372

• Thank you received: 6
Yes, correct. I use a textfile in the /tmp to keep a counter. Doing a platesolve for every fits-image captured would take too much time. It's only necessary every 10th or 20th file orso. There is drift, but not heavy. Because the script is launched after every exposure I have to keep the counter somewhere externally.

So the script just reads the counter from the textfile, and when the counter is 10 or 20 orso, it has to do the platesolve on the last image.
Now question is: how do I retrieve that filename? I haven't found it in the documentation. After that, I just pass it to the method.
startSolving (const QString &filename, bool isGenerated=true)
7 years 1 month ago #14378

Time to create page: 0.519 seconds