INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Atik CCD

• Thank you received: 1

Atik CCD was created by vince

Hi,
I'm trying to setup my Atik 414ex CCD and I'm having trouble. The CCD itself works fine. Here's my setup:

Ubuntu Mate on Raspberry Pi
Latest indi-full
indi_atik_ccd driver
indi web server

On the client side, I run Kstars 2.7.5 on windows 10

I can get the atik driver launched via the web server but the atik driver is not in the device list in the Ekos profile editor. Looking for help to resolve this. Thank you!
Vince
7 years 1 month ago #14638

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 375

Replied by Radek Kaczorek on topic Atik CCD

I believe it's because you use windows client and you don't have atik driver installed on the windows machine. Just type in "ATIK CCD" or exact name of the driver in the CCD field in the Ekos profile editor and it should be fine.
7 years 1 month ago #14645

Replied by vince on topic Atik CCD

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I tried that and it didn't work. But I'll try again in the morning and report back.

If I don't have the driver on the windows machine, how does writing the name in profile editor solve the problem? Don't I need the driver?

Thanks again!
Vince
7 years 1 month ago #14646

• Thank you received: 9

Replied by Sebastien Corot on topic Atik CCD

Hi,

Currently it seems that, on windows, the third party drivers, such as the Atik ones, do not appear in the devices list of the Kstars profile editor .
However you will be able to use your Atik with Kstars on windows if you start the INDI server throught the Web Manager before connecting the client. On Kstars, you _must_ then uncheck the "INDI Web Manager" box on the profile editor and leave blank the CCD fleld. Save the profile and then start Indi and connect. You will then see the Atik camera in the devices list and will be able to use it.

Sebastien
7 years 1 month ago #14650

Replied by vince on topic Atik CCD

Thank you both. It works. I tried both approaches. I tried leaving it it blank first, which did not work (could not connect because Ekos needs at least 1 CCD). Presumably, connecting the guider and/or a CCD simulator also could have worked (but I did not try this). I tried instead to type in the driver name: ATIK CCD and that worked great. I was able to connect immediately and it recognized my Atik 414.

I launched the drivers from the web server first, and left the "INDI web manager" unchecked.

Now if only the rain could stop!

Vince
7 years 1 month ago #14652

Time to create page: 1.369 seconds