INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Canon 20D only downloading 1/2 of images

• Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone, I"m having a strange problem. At least, I think it's strange because all my googling doesn't turn up exactly the same thing.

I've just been getting my gear going with EKOS and I feel like I'm very nearly at the finish line, except for this particular issue. If I set up a capture session using my Canon 20D, I can put in a number of exposures and the sequence will start, but it seems to fail to download every other image from the camera. I run everything locally off of a single laptop right now, though the laptop is quite old (2005) so the RAM is limited. I've tried setting the INDI control panel setting and image sequence both to FITS and both to NATIVE formats, but neither makes a difference. I've also tried selecting client and both as the save location, and this also does not make a difference.

Right now, the error seems pretty soft, since the sequence keeps moving. EKOS just fails to download and then immediately restarts capture. Since it is the second capture, it downloads and then moves on in the sequence. I have a work-around in mind until a solution is found, but it's (obviously) sub-optimal.

What can I do to help trouble-shoot and fix the problem?

Thanks for the help!
6 years 10 months ago #16807

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This is a known issue with 20D, I'll try to offer a fix for it soon (workaround since it is a Gphoto issue).
6 years 10 months ago #16809

Whats the full camera name that appears in INDI/Ekos?
6 years 10 months ago #16811

• Thank you received: 0
The name that comes up in the tab of the indi control panel window is:
"Canon DSLR EOS 20D (normal mode)"
The "2" in 20 is underlined.

I've attached two images from the control panel.

I greatly appreciate the assistance, Jasem!
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Mike J.
6 years 10 months ago #16819
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds