I've been using Ekos for a few months now, and am very impressed. Thanks for the great tool. I've noticed an issue, as of late, with the polar alignment (beta) tool. I am running Ekos on Ubuntu 17.04 64bit. Build: 2017-07-25T07:27:42Z works as expected. I navigate to the Polar Alignment tool. I click start, the tool captures an image, solves the image, then asks me if I want to auto-rotate my mount and capture the remaining two images. All is good.
I am unable to perform any successful polar alignments with any version after Build: 2017-07-25T07:27:42Z. The issue is when I begin the polar alignment, the tool will capture the first of three images, solve it, then just restart the capture and solve process over and over again. The tool never enters the mount rotation phase. I initially assumed it was me not pointing my scope close enough to the celestial pole, but that no longer seems to be the case.
Has something changed with the process for using the polar alignment tool? I've attempted to perform the polar alignment before, and after, using the Mount Model Tool. However, I am unsuccessful either way with any version of Kstars after Build: 2017-07-25T07:27:42Z.
When I had that problem I'd forgotten to do a star alignment first. The mount was still parked. Doh, me. Just saying, sometimes it isn't the software. With so few clear nights, it can be easy to overlook the obvious. At least for me.
Reasonably certain mount was unparked and tracking. First picture after a reboot (with guide camera) always looks like a dark (no stars) and in two nights of attempts it did work once, the first night.
So it can work, I think it's a robustness issue. The incantation has to be said just so...
I've enabled logs, so next clear night I will try again.