INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] Image capturing not resuming after guiding abort

• Thank you received: 375
I've been facing a problem with image capturing, while autoguiding with PHD2. If autoguiding variation goes over limits (set on CCD tab) or it loses a guide star, it aborts image capturing and this is fine. However it does not resume image capturing while it gets back to normal (it used to in the older Ekos versions). What am I missing? Any ideas?
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Radek Kaczorek.
6 years 5 months ago #19891

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #23122

• Thank you received: 809
Does it still do this today after all the changes I made in PHD2 support in December? One of the changes I added is that it has a lost lock timer, so it should not abort the capture if it loses the star as long as it regains it within 5 seconds. That change might help you. But no I did not make any changes that would make it resume image capture after it has been actually aborted. I think this is a feature that could be added, but is not there now.
6 years 1 month ago #23126

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I would be very happy if that feature could be added - to resume capture after it has been aborted, when guiding is working again - within a certain time window of course, but on a different scale than 5 secs. THat would allow for a small cloud to pass by without destroying a full nights scheduled capturing.

Magnus
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
6 years 1 month ago #23128

• Thank you received: 32
Indeed, would make sense. Ofcourse the shots during that time are lost but if it could wait for maybe an hour and if it finds a clear star, starts on that one again that might be nice. I can imagine that it can be risky though, what if it starts guiding on something that's not a star..
6 years 1 month ago #23129

Yes. The issue still exists. I think it might come from PHD2 itself though, because it does not resume guiding after abort. So Ekos just can't do anything about it.
However I have not found anything I can do about it on PHD2 side. Or I'm missing something?

I have just tested it on the simulators and everything works as expected. The key here is to start guiding from Ekos Guider's panel, not from PHD2. If you start guiding from PHD2 directly Ekos does not resume guiding after star lost and does not order PHD2 to do it either.
To be reconfirmed with real equipment, but seems to be resolved. Thanks Rob!
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Radek Kaczorek.
6 years 1 month ago #23164

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds