INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem Compiling on MacOS

• Thank you received: 6
I am trying to build the latest kstars using the kstars-on-osx script and I am having an issue with "make fetch-translations". I am getting the error that no target found. I have the latest kstars-on-osx, kstars and indi from GitHub. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Eric
6 years 4 months ago #20542

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

For now you can remove lines 365 to 372 of CMakelists.txt and try to build.
6 years 4 months ago #20547

That didn't make any difference. I still get the error "No rule to make target 'fetch-translations'"
6 years 4 months ago #20548

you need to re-run cmake after you remove those lines. Clear build directory to be sure.
6 years 4 months ago #20549

Yep, did all that. Where is the target 'fetch-translations' defined?
6 years 4 months ago #20550

• Thank you received: 809
are you building the emerge version or the cmake version? the cmake version should do that correctly. emerge doesn't seem to know how to build the translations yet. So I run cmake version first and then copy it.

One other warning. I am currently working on getting phonon, vlc, and sounds to build. You would have to build and install libvlc to /usr/local and make a couple of modifications to get it to work. Most of the changes should only affect the emerge version, so you should be ok to run the cmake version. But if there is an error copying or processing sound or vlc files, that is probably because they don't exist.
6 years 4 months ago #20552

I am compiling the cmake version. I am using the command ./build-kstars.sh -acid
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Eric Vickery.
6 years 4 months ago #20554

Then it should probably work. I haven't modified the cmake build to include vlc/phonon. The only steps that could cause problems are at the end if it tries to copy folders from vlc and when fix-libraries is run on it. did you try -aci instead of including d?

Is it failing on fetch-translations or later? fetch-translations is defined in the kstars git, so when you do a git pull, it should be downloaded and built using the make fetch-translations command.

I would recommend deleting the kstars-cmake directory and then running the script.
6 years 4 months ago #20558

I killed off my kstars-crake directory and let the script get the code again and it still fails with the error "No rule to make target 'fetch-translations'"
6 years 4 months ago #20577

If you comment out the translations, does it finish everything else?
6 years 4 months ago #20580

It ends up failing on "cp .../kstars-cmake/share//locale/*: No such file or directory"
6 years 4 months ago #20585

Yes, that makes sense because the locale directory is the one that gets filled with the translations and if they were not built, it doesn't exist. So you would have to comment that out too.
6 years 4 months ago #20586

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds