INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos settings....help please

• Thank you received: 140
Hi,
Just setting up Ekos, and wanted to know what items I should have in the Auxilary section on the equipment page, I have my mount, CCD, Guider and focus controller set up...
Now I need to know the answer to this for both local and remote running as sometimes I run remotely running Ekos from a win 10 Desktop, and sometime run Ekos direct from the RPi3....
Not sure what to do about Astrometry as seen here in local mode, does it need loading here or not, same with remote mode not sure....
Many thanks AB :)
6 years 3 months ago #22211
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 812
Hi,

For the Remote vs. Local, I would make 2 profiles, one for connecting to it locally and one for connecting to it remotely. You will want to create the profile for the remote connection in KStars/Ekos on the Windows computer and you will want to create the other one in Kstars on the Pi.

For the Astrometry Driver, if you plan on installing astrometry on the PI, and then running it on the pi from your windows computer, then yes it should be in the Aux drivers in the profile on the windows computer. If you are using Kstars on the pi, then it doesn't need to be in the aux drivers since astrometry is available on the local machine. That being said, when you are running on the windows computer, you can also run astrometry 2 other ways, with cygwin/ansvr locally on the machine, and online using astrometry.net.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
6 years 3 months ago #22214

Superb, that answers all my questions very well thanks.
I have full Astrometry on the PI with all index files, so would it just be easier to leave and run from there or is one of the other ways you mention better of faster etc....
Many thanks
AB :)
6 years 3 months ago #22215

If I could just ask one more thing, I have PHD2 loaded, but when I try to set that up what driver do I load for the camera, I have an SX Lodestar, but the only SX driver that is there is SXV driver which is not for my camera, or do I choose indi camera..??
6 years 3 months ago #22216

• Thank you received: 812
I would say if the driver in PHD does not work but the indi driver does work then yes I would use the INDI camera setting in PHD2. Start the INDI server on the PI, connect the camera, and then connect in PHD2.
6 years 3 months ago #22217

Superb, that answers all my questions very well thanks.
I have full Astrometry on the PI with all index files, so would it just be easier to leave and run from there or is one of the other ways you mention better of faster etc....
Many thanks
6 years 3 months ago #22218

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds