INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

problem to syncronization kstars

• Thank you received: 3
Hello,
I warn you all right now I use google translation, because my English is no longer who was.
So here's my question,
on Kstars, why the syncronization function does not work (with "EQmod").
This is boring especially for when I move is that the polar is not visible and that despite, I am forced to start targeting the polar.
6 years 2 months ago #22377

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

so nobody has an idea about
6 years 2 months ago #22387

You need to provide more details as it is vague now. You also need to submit logs since general description of the problem by itself is often not sufficient. Check my signature for a video on how to submit logs. Also explain your problem in more details step by step what you did.
6 years 2 months ago #22402

Hello
so what i wanted to say is that the syncronization function does not work when i want to choose a starting star, for example.
This is useful especially if I want to do the visual only, because setting on the polar is not necessary.
I use an AZ-EQ5 mount with Select Devices "EQMode Mount".
A question about my mount, is it possible to choose AZ mode

I put tow files as an attachment.
6 years 2 months ago #22413
Attachments:

Hello
No body for my problem
6 years 2 months ago #22489

I'm still not sure what your problem is. The way you use EQMod visually after startup is: Slew to a bright known star, then use direction controls to center it in the eyepiece, then right-click the star and select "Sync".. then you can repeat this for other stars as well. This is how visual sync is done.
6 years 2 months ago #22493

Hello
so here is the condition I come to my problem.
we agree that at the beginning, by default kstart points the polar.
But if we do not see the polar, is that I point to another star with my telescope manually.
And that, at this moment, I want to syncronize kstart on the star that I have centered manually, the command does not work.
6 years 2 months ago #22497

• Thank you received: 109
It needs to know where it is pointing after you move it manually. You can tell it to slew to that star by name, then center it and sync, or better, if you can, perform a plate solve on it so the scope knows exactly where it is pointing. When you say you center it manually, are you using the electronic controls or releasing the clutches and moving the scope yourself?
6 years 2 months ago #22499

• Thank you received: 12
If I understand your problem, I propose a routine:
Aim at Polaris. As you do not see it, you will point to another star using the Kstars planetarium. You right click on a star visible from your home, in the eqmod mount menu, you choose track or slew (I always had trouble understanding the difference between the two). Your mount will then move on the chosen star with probably a big gap. To correct this, use the commands available in EKOS (telescope tab - mount control function). Never release the brakes on your mount. Once the star is centered, you sync on the star. Start again with other stars.

Tip: think about specifying the aperture and the focal length of your telescope (EKOS - Telescope tab). To get off to a good start it may also be helpful to clear the previous alignment data.
Correct me if needed!

French :

Si j'ai bien compris ton problème, je te propose une routine :
vise approximativement Polaris. Comme tu ne la vois pas, tu vas pointer une autre étoile en utilisant le planétarium Kstars. Tu cliques droit sur une étoile visible de chez toi, dans le menu eqmod mount, tu choisis track ou slew (j'ai toujours eu du mal à comprendre la différence entre les deux). Ta monture va alors se déplacer sur l'étoile choisie avec probablement un gros écart. Pour corriger cela, il faut utiliser les commandes disponibles dans EKOS (onglet télescope - fonction mount control). Ne jamais desserrer les freins de ta monture. Une fois que l'étoile est bien centrée, tu sync sur l'étoile. Recommencer avec d'autres étoiles.
Astuce : penser à préciser l'ouverture et la focale de ton télescope (EKOS - onglet télescope). Pour partir sur de bonnes bases, il peut être utile aussi d'effacer les données d'alignement précédentes.
Corrigez-moi si besoin !
6 years 2 months ago #22500

Hello Bilbo
I almost do what you describe in principle, except that I tell kstars the star I want first and then I center it manually and block the brakes.
After an astrometric resolution and it's ok.

But by cons normally I do not need to do all these things, I should be able to point a star, syncronize the same stars on kstars planetarium and it's over.
And of course after we put "track", moreover it seems to me that the difference between "track" and "slew" is that the latter will point a star but without following it thereafter.

Another thing, if I do simulation mode, you can syncronize the mount on any star that you want, so why does not it work when you're no longer in simulation?

French:

Salut Bilbo
je fais presque se que tu décris dans le principe ,sauf que j'indique a kstars l'étoile que je veux en premier et ensuite ,je la centre manuellement et je bloque les freins.
Après une résolution astrométric et c'est ok.

Mais par contre normalement je n'aurrai pas besoin de faire toutes ces choses, je devrais pouvoir pointer une étoile ,syncroniser celle-ci sur le planétarium de kstars et c'est fini.
Et bien sur après on met "track" ,d'ailleur il me semble que la différence entre "track" et"slew"c'est que ce dernier vas pointer une étoile mais sans la suivre par la suite.

D'ailleur une autre chose ,si je fais en mode simulation ,tu peux syncroniser la monture sur n'importe quelle étoile que tu veux ,alors pour quoi cela ne fonctionne pas quand on n'est plus en simulation ?
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Porchet.
6 years 2 months ago #22501

Time to create page: 2.365 seconds